Logbook not updating after patch

Here is a video that I have just uploaded, my three last flights have been logged. Stop slightly early, when the little guy crosses the red bars. Thanks @Neo4316

1 Like

I like this suggestion very much. Hope that Asobo will seriously consider this approach, clearing a ton of confusions about the log book issue.

Yeah, it really is, or should be, that simple. Thanks for that. If you had the Objectives window open, it would be showing something like “End Flight: Shutdown engines” or “Shutdown main engine”. Sometimes I’ve seen it stuck on “Taxi to destination”, but cutting fuel, and turning off the avionics still triggers the logging.

It’s definitely tied to ATC communication. Sometimes it logs only half of the flight because ATC starts behaving like idiots. Tells me to expect runway XX and then when i get closer and start preparing for landing it tells me to fly another direction and climb to 12 000ft or something like that. That’s when the logging stops.

1 Like

I never use ATC and logging is still a hit or miss. Meanwhile LNM logs accurately every time. Spoke too soon

That’s probably more coincidence than anything. If you cancel IFR, requesting landing permission, then taxi to parking, or at un-towered shutdown shutdown just as you taxi off the runway it would still log.

No flights logged since 18th November. I did not have developer mode on. Running the Steam version of the sim.

1 Like

I think it intentionally refuses to log when dev mode is turned on because of the ability to use the move aircraft option which would cause chaos at the logging level.

:slight_smile: no thanks re crashing on purpose. I’m trying to practice good landings :slight_smile:

It seems navlog works with challenges, but not world flight.

Crash after you land by taxiing into a building. Heck, if you let the AI copilot drive, you might get that feature for free :grinning:. But doing that is effective in getting your flight logged with the accompanying landing.

Yes, same for me

I think dev mode should only be used when you’re actually developing something. And shouldn’t be turn on when flying as normal. I don’t know why people are having developer mode on, if they’re not developing something.

2 Likes

Developer mode should be used when bug hunting and examining the game or making something but regular flying it shouldn’t be used and therefore I think the update intentionally causes it to refuse to log hours that are flown in dev mode.

Still a bad idea as it’ll increment your crash counter.

Make sure to file a zen desk ticket.

1 Like

Well I can confirm that you do need to interact with ATC Ground to request taxi to parking and then you must get your plane to a person holding batons (at least on the airports that have them). I flew from KIWA to KTUS without speaking a word to ATC. Once I was at the destination I used my drone to fly around and look for the only person holding batons at the entire airport. I got back in my plane and taxied over to him and parked right in front of him to where he crossed his arms signaling me to cut my engines. I did but nothing happened. In my objective tab it said to contact ATC ground and request taxi to parking. I started my plane back up but didn’t go anywhere. I asked ATC to taxi to parking and then turned the controls over to AI Control. ATC said to taxi to general aviation parking via taxiway. My co-pilot turned off the engines without going anywhere and as soon as my propeller stopped turning the logbook window popped up showing a successful takeoff and landing with my flight time properly recorded. Now if I can just figure out the trigger or how to find the one place I am supposed to park on the smaller airports.

Or ones without any parking spaces. :wink:

Letting realism go out the window for a moment, you don’t actually need to. If you have the ATC window open at the time, as you taxi off the runway, be it off the grass, or onto a taxiway, just as you are detected as having left you will see the option to announce being clear of the runway.

If you hit the brakes there, then shutdown the engines, and avionics it will log your landing. That works 100% of the time, though is not very realistic.

It varies from strip to strip, up I have had some luck actually taxiing to parking if it is there, instead of shutting down just off the runway. Some places it would log in the vicinity, and in a few other occasions the logbook entry would refuse to pop up. But off the runway works all the time.

I’m done playing this POS piece of trash period. The worst thing you can do is waste my time. Three times now I’ve had top 25 landing scores just disappear, flight hours keep resetting to 54 hours. The funny thing is the game runs perfect for me
 never crashes. It just FAILS TO LOG hours and achievements. Last time I ever pay full price for Microsoft trash. I was excited to play this. Thanks for ruing flight sims.

I also try to be a “nice Nene” 
 so I land smoothly 
 slowly taxi to the parking space 
 let the passengers exit and pick up their baggage 
 and then I release the parking breaks an slowly crash into the terminal or a (cheap) hangar building (to reduce the cost of my Logbook entry) :wink:

Seriously 
 there seem to be some reliable check points to ensure a log record commit into the Logbook. I have seen different ideas and observations mentioned here.

It used to be that simply pressing the “Do you really want to exit to the Main menu” button in the “Pause/Exit” panel window was sufficient to ensure such an entry/commit 
 but that seems to have changed. Crashing is still 100% reliable for me 
 I have not lost any flight time since I did “learn that pilot lesson”

To get takeoffs counted it seems like meeting the objectives is key 
 or one does not start at a parking area and picks a runway as the place of departure.

1 Like

That’s pretty much it. If you escape to the main menu mid-air, it doesn’t know you have landed in the same way that it doesn’t know you have landed. and are ready to shutdown if the Objectives window still states you should follow waypoints to your destination. It seems to be all about the current state of your flight. There are a few exceptions, where multiple objectives can trigger the log pop up. For example, both the “Shutdown engines”, and “Taxi to destination” objectives once landed, and off the runway, will work if you cut fuel, then turn off the avionics.

As I said once before, I’ve not seen any videos of someone demonstrating this but I’m 99% certain that the majority of those reporting logging anomalies will find their answer in their Objectives window, if they look, depending on which issue they are referring to, either logs not appearing at all, or takoffs/landings not appearing in the logs, but a log event is created. My last flight, for example, had 0 takeoffs, and 7 landings. No mystery here, and I expected this, as each landing was at an untowered field, so I can taxi off the runway, announce I am clear, then announce I am taking off. The landing logs, the take-off does not, which does not occur at towered fields.

I know this doesn’t help those using Vatsim, or other external processes for their flights.

A less complicated, or perhaps less rigidly enforced requirement for these log events would be helpful. I see the Objectives systems intention as a helper, to assist you to do what needs to be done next in your flight, and in that respect it makes sense. Starting your engines, requesting taxi clearances etc. But it can get in the way as well, clearly.

Knowing the airport you spawned at, and that at some point you are in the air should be enough to consider that a +1 in the take-off column. Even if you decided to take-off on the taxiway? Sure, why not? That wouldn’t impinge on anyone else’s desire for realism. If I want to spend some time going through the all the procedures for getting to the runway, that should be just as valid as someone who taxis across the grass, and takes off one the wrong runway without even asking for clearance. It doesn’t affect me, or anyone else. Perhaps this could be another “Assistance” option people could disable?

This from the Update 7 patch notes should please everyone.

• The logbook should now properly log unfinished flights (either via return to main menu or via landing and shutting down the engine and Master)