Logbook should not pop up in the middle of the shutdown procedure

Also ASOBO may consider that some users may not want to use logbook feature. It would be nice if we are able to completely switch it off.

It just kicks during very critical phases like lift off and touch down and this loggin process obviously affects performance/smoothnes.

2 Likes

I believe it only happens if you are parked on (or close to) a designated parking spot, or perhaps very close to a runway - as I have had it happen at small strips without any parking spots.

MSFS can be quite random - sometimes when I park a short distance from a runway the logbook shows I landed in the “vicinity” of an airfield - sometimes not even the one I landed at but another several miles away! That may have been an old bug, as I don’t think I’ve seen it for a while to be honest.

Yeah back in the day it didn’t used to be as bad, you could park somewhere out in the grass or just near a parking spot and it wouldn’t pop up, but now it does it no matter what. It’ll even do it if you land out in the middle of nowhere.

Thanks for post, I to like to complete ALL my checks before filling out my logbook, so you have my vote.

Is this ever actually going to get fixed? Has there been any word so far on a fix?

1 Like

Last we heard about it (January Q&A), they misunderstood our wish.
They said ‘removing the pop up would not fix the bug’.

No news since then.

This makes me think devs actually do not read the forums.
Instead there is a person reading the forum who summarizes wishes and bugs into a single sentence or so.
Hence we now have ‘bigger taxi signs’ while we asked for realistic taxi signs, and ‘the logbook pop up bug does not get fixed by removing the logbook’.

5 Likes

SU3 came and went, I was hoping the OPTION to have this annoying pop-up was gonna be in that. Please add this to SU4, thank you

5 Likes

My suggestion:
After a flight has started, the pilot has to end the flight at some point. This is usually done by pressing ESC.
When a pilot presses ESC, the simulator must offer whether the previous flight should be entered in the logbook or not.
If you press ESC, at the moment you get to the Settings menu. If you select “Return to the main menu”, they could also add the option “with or without an entry in the logbook”.
But as long as ESC is not pressed, there should be no interruption by the simulator.
Edit: The question is: When does a flight end?
In my opinion it will end when the pilot goes back to the main menu. Then the question about the logbook entry must be asked.

7 Likes

My suggestion:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/logbook-should-not-pop-up-in-the-middle-of-the-shutdown-procedure/178798/216?u=championflea226

2 Likes

Agree 100%. There should be no control within the aircraft that initiates the logbook entry. This should be external menu options only.

3 Likes

I don’t know why is there any ending pop-up window at all. I want to decide when the flight is over myself.
What if I want to ‘simulate’ passengers disembarking/embarking from my C172 immediately after shutdown. For a sightseeing flight. The game stops the flight and won’t even log the next one.

In FSX the flight ‘ended’ when you left the game into the menu. Perfectly simple.

4 Likes

I take comfort in it appearing as a form of confirmation that my flight had been logged.

There is always that nagging doubt that hitting Esc, then Main Menu, will actually log the flight correctly.

Maybe when ‘we, the PIC decide the flight is truly over. you do ‘’’ to shut it down and go to the logbook.
Then I decide to update the logbook, then go to the main menu.

Nothing wrong with a set up allowing or going with the ‘end-of-game’ type of ending currently.

If the pop-up was eliminated, how and when would end-of-flight be determined? How would end-of-flight be displayed to the user?

It’s not the sim’s job to tell the user when the flight has ended. It’s up to the user to tell the sim when the flight has ended. The sim cannot know when the user is done. Maybe the user wants to sit there on the apron for 30 minutes with the engines off, simulating a turnaround, and then depart again.

The flight is over when the user exits the flight, as it has always been in flight sim.

8 Likes

Agree completely.

1 Like

I don’t see the difficulty in granting this wish either
 Right now, for some uncontrolled airports, the logbook doesn’t pop up at all. It mostly does in the controlled ones. But the logbook entry still gets created. They could just eliminate the automatic pop-up and be done. As long as the entry is populated, the user can exit to main menu when they wish. As of now, if you don’t quit the flight after the logbook pops up, it generates ANOTHER entry while you are doing the shutdown.

1 Like

Agree 100% - please stop this from happening

2 Likes

hey guys I did two flights in the A320neo and the Logbook didn’t pop up while shutting down, instead it did it when I turned off the batteries? Did Asobo do this in the latest patch or did Fbw do it?

1 Like

It is different for some aircraft. Sometimes it’s turning the avionics off, sometimes the battery.

1 Like

The JF Arrow doesn’t have an avionics switch so once the engine is off, disconnecting the battery causes the pop up.

1 Like