Logitech 3d pro joystick

Recently have had trouble with the rudder control becoming inactive with the rudder always returns to full left irrespective have a range of planes I have checked. Assumed that the joystick had developed a fault so replaced it with a new one which exhibits an identical problem. Adjusting settings on either jpystick , it is impossible to obtain a midpoint balance needed to repair the rudder control.
Assume problem lies in the software. Any advice would be appreciated as obviously the sim is totally out of action

Are you using the twist function on the joystick to operate the rudder? If so, one solution (unfortunately means spending more money though) would be to pick up a set of rudder pedals to separate the rudder control function from the joystick. Another idea would be to map the rudder to keys on the keyboard, then de-activate the mapping of the rudder on the joystick. Hard to troubleshoot another persons system, but these are some ideas.

Rudder pedals a rather expensive option I fear but will try the keyboard keys , which would help in trying to locate the source of the problem. Thanks for your suggestions.

All the best with it.

Use the bind name for the rudder commands, and search your keyboard settings, mouse settings, and joystick settings…then under joystick settings use the search by input twist the stick, and look to see if anything else is bound to it as well…if there is then thats your problem, delete the bindings for twist you dont want and all should be good if this is the problem.

OR

Try chaning usb port you plug into as well. You might have a port acting up.

Did you try a recalibration of your joystick under Windows? I have the same one that you do, a couple times MSFS got a little squirrely, either wanting to bank or yaw in one direction or the other. I’d test the calibration in Windows and it was off. Recalibrating under Windows did the trick.

1 Like

I had a similar issue with my Logitech Yoke awhile back.

I don’t recall who recommended it, but basically what they said was to go into
the KEYBOARD settings and unbind/disable all the flight control surfaces - ailerons, flaps, rudder, elevator, trim tabs, etc.

They should be enabled ONLY on the Logitech Yoke/Joystick, Rudder Pedals, etc.

Bubbablitz provided a more precise method, previously in this thread!

It worked, for me!

1 Like

Gentlemen,
Thank you for your various suggestions. Time limited at present but will advise of any progress shortly
Regards
JayKay

Why is this though if the mapped keys are not being pressed? That seems like more of a bug than an expected condition.

It does indeed seem like a bug.

It’s been so long since I last checked it, though that it might have been fixed by now.

In the middle of a big move at the moment, and don’t have access to my MSFS. Will have to wait to verify for a couple of months…