Logitech hardware button mapping Smart Technology failure

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.

No

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Logitech Smart Technology software refuses fails to open GUI, preventing remapping of buttons and controls

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Start the Logitech program for your controller device to be recognized and used in game, program GUI fails to initialize and open for button/control mapping. Taskbar shows app is running, but there is no way to see or adjust the interface for programming your Logitech control device.

The program greatly increases the button combinations and controller functionality beyond what MSFS mapping permits - at least from what I have been able to configure. The ST.exe file does not function properly after the program filed a report with Logitech after playing MSFS about a week ago. What I found is that going into C:\Program Files\Logitech\Flight Yoke System (or whatever hardware you are using,) right-click copying ST.exe, renaming ST.exe to SmartTechnology.exe, then pasting ST-copy.exe and renaming to ST.exe fixes the issue. You should have 3 .exe files in the hardware folder - one is a profiler, the other is ST.exe, and the last is SmartTechnology.exe.

You can probably create a new shortcut to the SmartTechnology.exe program on the desktop to replace the shortcut that no longer works and name it - if it’s not already named to the hardware it’s designed to map. Although I just add it to the taskbar and remember what it’s for based on location, but I’m lazy. Hope it helps.

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)

Ryzen 9 3900X
64gb RAM
Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080Ti running dual 29" widescreen curved monitors connected via Displayport cables
Windows 10 64-bit pro

Logitech Pro Yoke System and throttle, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, Logitech X52 H.O.T.A.S.

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?

No, because I already found a workaround and thought it would be helpful to share, since I was not able to find anything to resolve the issue effectively anywhere else despite uninstalling, and reinstalling, multiple times with no success.