Logitech Flight Switch Panel MSFS plug-in causing CTD

You have a link to any ?

I spoke too soon, still CTD every flight now. Never had any issues until SU5.

sorry for my assumption. here is a link to driver and to another forum discussion. Unplug your Saitek/Logitech hardware first then uninstall the driver. Leave it all disconnected and reboot pc. Then download the driver. Start the install and follow the prompts to connect your hardware.

Downloads - Flight Multi Panel – Logitech Support + Download

Saitek and upgrade 5 - Bugs & Issues / Hardware - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

They make it sound simple but its a pain if not done exactly right. Personally I dont use it. I went to SpadNext.

1 Like

removing the exe.xlm doc seems to have fixed mine so far.

Logitech adds a driver to that file on install. Some addons for the sim will do that. Logitech/Saitek Flight controls (Yoke, Joystick and rudders) do not need Logitech drivers for this sim. The Saitek/Logitech Dash panels (Radios, Switch panel, Multipanel, BIP and FIP) do need some kind of driver. Logitech driver works most of the time when installed correctly but is generic and static meaning you cant modify it to work with different planes. SpadNext does it all but only really needed if you have the Dash Panels. Glad you got it working tho… have fun in you hobby.

I am using SpadNext which seems to do a good job, just glad to have the sim working again, I tried a lot of different things to troubleshoot.

1 Like

I have 3 instrument panels along with switch, multi, and radio panels and never experienced CTD using Logitech drivers and plug in on latest September update. All plugged into an Inland 7 Port powered USB 3.1 hub with 3A supply. I use a power strip to turn AC mains off on everything after shutting down computer which may be why I’m lucky. I never heard of SpadNext until reading this thread and plan on getting it just to make everything more usable. As is, most FIP buttons do nothing and radio panel only works 100% on smaller planes. Some of the switches on the other panels also hit and miss depending on the plane.

1 Like

your hardware setup is the best you can hope for this sim. I found waiting until the pc is fully booted before turning on the saitek hardware switch works best. I have mine on separate switches. I turn on the yoke, bravo, rudders then fire up the Fips and wait for them to fully start up. then turn on the rest.

Turning on all the saitek gear at the same time causes problems for me. Having them all plugged in to pc when I bootup doesnt always work with my 27 usb devices. With the switch I am able to reset them without rebooting. I do not start the sim until all my hardware is on and recognized in control panel/Devices and Printers. Remember you are starting up an Airplane. We have to follow the startup check list whether we do it in real life or on a simulator.

when you get spadnext be sure to fully uninstall the Logitech drivers. SpadNext is pretty good. You can download preconfigured profiles for all Saitek gear… It has a few features that are missing in this sim. One being independent aircraft profiles. This, IMO, is where it shines. Not all Asobo Aircraft follow the standard simconnect commands. Dont get me wrong, most will work fine out of the box with standard functions but not all. And when you want to assign buttons and switches the same commands may not work in all aircraft. Being able to edit my gear per aircraft is a game changer.

The final step to startup is to wait until I am inside the aircraft after I click “Ready to Fly”. Then I fire up SpandNext and go through the aircraft startup procedure.

Ino it sounds like a pain, but for me it puts my head inside the cockpit and ready to fly an airplane. Nothing else in my ManCave is of any relevance. except the Tower(wife) of course. lol

Once you start the sim load up process DO NOT turn off those USB switches until you completely shut down the sim. If I have to reset my USB devices I have to restart the sim.

Also I have found most of the aircraft in this sim are not fully functional. Most have something that looks like it works but does not. Example, Prop Deice, some switch on and off in the VC but dont actually work. Other have switches to activate stuff but dont work in the VC(inoperative). But they do work with SpadNext. Other switches dont follow my saitek switch position, meaning they dont toggle in the VC.

If you are going to build a PIT build the dash to work in your PIT and stop looking at the VC. This is just my own personal thoughts of how I build my pit. Use your own imagination and build what works for you.

Have fun, look forward to flying with ya…

I don’t have any CTD based on the MSFS Plug-In by Logitech.

I have pluged:
3x Flight Instument Panels
1x Radio Panel
1x Multi Panel
1x Switch Panel

Thanks for the SpadNext tips. I plan on checking it out within the next week or so. I read through the manual and they have a 5 day free trial activation so I want to be sure I have plenty of time to mess with it before the clock starts to tic.