Logitech MultiPanel Usage

Does anyone know if there is a config file for these things? The scrolling of altitude takes a LONG time to wind up to 40,000 :slight_smile:

I hear that if you buy SPAD.Next, you can configure your panels to do all kinds of stuff the stock drivers don’t allow. Otherwise, you’re locked into what you get and they’re not configurable in any way.

Yep, you can do all kinds of cool stuff with spad.next. I don’t use the flaps up/down on my multi-panel so I have mapped +2000 / -1000 to the lever, it’s a godsend.

Dirk

2 Likes

I’ve had the all panels for several years originally from Saitek, I used the Spadnext profiles for PMDG, Aeorosoft, ect. When the MSFS 2020 profile came out It did the same on my set up with the Altitude, heading knobs. I installed the Logitec drivers and plugin and they work well with all the planes in FS2020. Maybe try reinstalling all the drivers, There are a few topics on the panels here in the forums you can search for also.

I think you misunderstand the OP’s post.

He’s not having an issue with something not working right. The panel is working exactly as it’s designed to. He’s asking if there’s a way he can change the altitude units to 1000 ft vs the default 100 ft because it takes a LOT of turning of the knob to get there. On a real AP unit, you’d have a dual encoder pot with the outer knob changing by 1000s, and the inner by 100s. We don’t have that with the Logitech panel. You get 1 knob that increments by 100s. That’s exactly what it’s doing. And there isn’t a way to change that behaviour using the default Logitech drivers, regardless how many times he reinstalls.

SPAD.neXt is the only option I’m aware of that lets you access and program the functions of Logitech panels directly. He’s using the default drivers. You can’t do what he wants to do with the default drivers.

Spad user here, but as I am rarely above FL100, it doesn’t matter so much.

I use this with my multi-panel. If you do decide to try it make sure that you do NOT load the Logitech drivers.

Good to know this also works with the Logi panels. I thought it only worked with Honeycomb stuff. Thanks for that info.

It should work with pretty much any HID device that sends button events. Of course to get one working will require a bit of “down and dirty” configuring a profile in the .xml file. I just happen to have a multi-panel so the current version already has a profile for this included.

1 Like

Thank you EVERYONE. I’ll give a try some of these ideas tomorrow.

How do you get Spad.neXt to work with MFSF 2020

If you have a current version of Spad.neXt that is compatable with MSFS 2020 then you just start it and it connects to a running instance of the sim. You can then search for a online profile for your plane of choice or create your own and go flying.

I had no clue Spad.next worked with MSFS! I prevented the logitech plug-in from loading and used Spad.next. I then picked the appropriate profile from online and installed.

Worked imediately in front of my eyes as my panels lit up and sync.

Thank you to all. You all have made my day!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.