Logitech/Saitek devices not working with FS2020

Spad.next. That will solve all of your issues. Somewhat of a steep learning curve but wouldn’t think of flying without it. Plus, not everything needs to be controlled by spad.next. If you are happy with some of the control setups you already have in MSFS like rudder, yoke, etc. you can leave them and only use spad to control FIPs or radios or complex throttle stuff. Plus there are tons of user submitted “snippets” that may even save you the hassle of configuring devices from scratch.

I used the Saitek Switch panel for many years on my previous pc and on my new pc. Only when I bought MSFS, the panel was no longer recognised. Windows recognized it and the Saitek panel showed it worked fine. I got in touch with Logitech and was pleasantly surprised by how much effort they took to solve the problem, and yes, they were successful!
I have a CH Throttle, rudder and yoke and the Saitek Switch panel, all connected to an unpowered hub.
I got the advise to remove all plugins and even remove the panel from Windows. Restart the PC, download the plugin (the one which solves a problem with to radio panels) plug the panel in, start the plugin an yes it works! I hope this may help you!

1 Like

Hi Nachtz, I have the problem that now my panels including rthe FIPs works , but not connect to the sim 2020. I thinking to uninstall all logitech plugins and drivers except that yoke, rudder and throttle that works excellent. My question is how I uninstalls it?

Hello,
Je ne parle que le Français, désolé !!
W11 et 2 nouveaux FIP. J’ai donc été sur le site de saitek pour télécharger …
Pour W11 il n’y a qu’un téléchargement de disponible…
Comme cela ne fonctionnait pas (écran noir), j’ai chercher et au bout d’un certain temps j’ai eu l’idée de regarder les téléchargement pour W10… Il y en avait beaucoup…
J’ai pris le fichier “Flight_Instrument_Panel_x64_Drivers_8.0.150.0” et miracle ca fonctionne…
Ne pas oublier quand même d’allumer toute l’électronique à bord de votre avion…
Par contre, je n’ai pas compris à quoi sert le plugin car il charge bien sur mon PC mais ne fais rien de plus…
Et je n’ai pas trouvé si il était possible de personnalisé les affichages (par exemple pour l’anémomètre, changer les valeurs des arcs blancs, vert et VNE…
Enfin voilà, si cela peut aider…
Bons vols à tous

Solved - for me at least.
I’ve been having the same issue of the Saitek/Logitech flight panels, switch panels, guages not working with FS 2020 on Windows 11.

Fix:

Open a cmd prompt.
Launch FS2020
At main menu, alt-tab to the cmd prompt.
cd “C:\Program Files\Logitech\Microsoft Flight Simulator Plugin”
type “LogiMicrosoftFlightSimulator.exe -r” and press enter

In my case, the Switch Panel, Radio Panel, Multi Panel, and Gauges all started working.

In testing, several times I had to reboot my powered USB hub while in game to get all items working.
-Nemsys

I’ve written a little batch file that loads my addons with the start of MSFS, I can paste it if you like.

yes please post the batch file

Here are the contents of the batch file, you will need to change the folder locations etc.

if not DEFINED IS_MINIMIZED set IS_MINIMIZED=1 && start "" /min "%~dpnx0" %* && exit
start /d "C:\Program Files\Logitech\Microsoft Flight Simulator Plugin" LogiMicrosoftFlightSimulator.exe --run --force
start /d "C:\MSFS SDK\Tools\bin" fsdevmodelauncher.exe
start /d "E:\Utilities\FSUIPC7" FSUIPC7.exe
exit

If you don’t know how to make a batch file, it’s basically a txt file renamed with bat

1 Like

thank you very much

I’m not sure if this is your problem but there is a Logitech plugin short cut on the computer double click it and the devices will start when you start to fly. At least mine only work that way.

Hi,

Writing for those who are struggling like me. I had an issue with my control swtich panel and it was a relatively simple fix than I thought. Check if you have logitech gaming software installed. Close down your Msfs sofstware and Uninstall logitech gaming software. Then head to the download section of the relevant instrument on logitech website and download the plug in and run it. Now when you run msfs your intrument should work. If still an issue please see an earlier thread about enahnced power management and disable that in your registry. Hope it works for you.

Hello everyone,

I discovered that the Logitech Microsoft Flight Simulator Plug-in stays open in the background after you open an offline flight simulator, such as FXS or X-Plane 11, etc.

If you finished playing FSX or even opened it for a minute and then exited out of it, the auto connect feature of the Logitech app will activate the app and leave it open in the background.

When this happens, if you attempt to open MSFS2020 some of the Saitek Panels may fail to start, so you won’t be able to use them, you’ll know if it won’t work when a message pops up saying that “this app is already open”. It means that the LOGITECH plugin attempted to connect to MSFS2020 but was unsuccessful since the app is already open in the background and it has to be closed first since the connection must be automated.

The FIX:

Go to Task Manager and find either the Logitech logo or the text MicrosoftFlightSimulator.exe right click on it then select END TASK.

Restart MSFS2020 and the [Logitech Flight Switch Panel] or any other panel should work, however, it takes restarting the PC and opening then closing MSFS2020 about 3 times for the changes to take hold, but a better gaming PC could work with just one MSFS2020 restart.

Note: if all else fails, uninstall the LOGITECH APP then Reinstall it, it might work.

Another thing is to make sure to go to the PC search bar and type: Game Controllers, then go to Properties, then Test to calibrate all your USB or Arduino flight controls that show up on the box, verify that all your control inputs are active and going full range.

I found all the above mentioned to be super helpful in MSFS2020 and FSX, so please try it, it will make the flight sim experience more pleasant.

I’ve found all you need to do is restart the computer then restart the plugin. I have found it best to just minimize MSFS2020 if I plan on playing later. then you don’t need to restart the plugin. Also, what version plugin do you use? I have 8.0.150.0 which I believe was from an UK download. It opens all of the Logitech modules I have including the FIP. I also have 8.0.313.0 but only the 150 puts a clickable link.

No, it didn’t, and it’s not even recognizing the panels. None of them.

so smth is wrong with hardware, software, drivers or bios settings.

Saitek/Logitech - SPAD.neXt (spadnext.com)

Saitek FIP: Driver & Function Check - SPAD.neXt (spadnext.com)