Logitech Switch Panel with Mooney M20R

Anyone have both the Switch Panel and the Carenado M20R? If you do, can you confirm if the fuel pump on switch works on your panel. When I use the Fuel Pump switch on the logitech, I here the fuel pump in the plane run for a second and then cut off. The switch on the in plane dash never moves.

THE fuel pump switch doesn’t work. you don’t really need it for that plane. the engine will start without it.

Did MSFS 2020 recognize your switch panel? It won’t find my switch panel, radio panel, or my throttle quadrant.

The Logitech throttle panel is detected by default.
For switch and radio panel to work you need the specific logitech drivers here

I’ve read a review talking about the same problem if you use the keyboard shortcut (Alt-P if I remember corrrectly) : the pump starts and stops immediately, so it’s not related to your hardware, it has to be a Carenado bug. No stock MSFS GA plane has this problem.

Oh btw that review was from when the plane was released, do you have the latest M20R upgrade (1.1 I think) and can you confirm this is still an issue ?

Yes, the current version of the Mooney. I’m wondering if it’s wired to a prime pump. Starting cold and dark if I switch it on it’s like it primes until a certain pressure is met and then back off with it sometimes coming on again for a few seconds once or twice, again like it’s keeping the pressure up. This doesn’t coincide with the way the plane is modeled though because the fuel switches on the dash do not follow the logitech switch, and those switches can be switched on without the same priming until pressure is built up behavior.

i got this plane from the marketplace. do they upgrade instantly or do i have to upgrade it outside of the marketplace,

After more work with the fuel pump switch on the logitech switch panel I noticed that it’s not occasionally running to keep the system primed, but instead it runs for a second each time another switch is used when the fuel pump switch is on.

For instance, if I turn on the fuel pump switch on the logitech, it will run for a second and then cut off even though the switch is still on. If I now switch on/off a light, the start switch, the pitot heat on, etc. the fuel pump will again run for a second and cut off.

I do believe this is not normal behaviour and either the logitech switch panel or the Carenado Mooney is bugged.