Logitech Yoke Sensitivity

I just got the Logitech yoke for Christmas, and I have been playing, but its impossible to control. I will pull up a little bit, and nothing will happen, then I will pull up a little more, an I will go strait up and stall. Please help, I have done everything with my sensitivity, and it still goes strait up.

A quick question to start.
Does it happen with every aircraft, or just some?

1 Like

Check to see what your GPU is doing. If it is operating at 100% then it may be a hardware issue where the commands are slow to execute.
I have had all kinds of issues with my yoke and have changed the settings several times to try and get the best performance. Things go well with the first flight on initially, but as I repeat flights I lose altitude control and it finally become to hard to control the airplane requiring closing and restarting the program. The autopilot gets wonky as well.

My GPU is marginal on one computer and under specs on another, the under spec computer has major joystick issues. I have an i9/3090 on order, looking forward to see what happens then.

1 Like

Making more than one flight without restarting the sim is an issue everyone has.
The sim wasn’t really built to do that for some reason.
If you want more info, do a search in here on the subject.
There are lots of threads here on that.

1 Like

Thank you for letting me know. I am surprised too, I am sure there are tons of bugs to be resolved but you would have thought that would be one that caught the developers attention in beta testing.

2 Likes

Surprisingly enough, this is the way MS sims have always been.
They did not work well (if at all) for a second flight.
Now with all the new input from folks, the issue has come to the forefront.
I believe you will see this corrected by ASOBO.

1 Like

Check to see what the trim is set to. Easiest to see from the external view. I had key conflicts with the yoke which was forcing the trim to +80 and that caused the pitch up.

1 Like

Every aircraft

Ok, I am upgrading soon

If the sim works OK with your first flight, it may not be hardware related.
This is a fairly well known complaint, and ASOBO is aware of the issues users experience with more than one flight and are working on it.
I think you will see this dealt with, probably in the World Update 3, or in the March Sim Update.
I would wait for a bit before spending a lot of money.
What are you running for a GPU now?

1 Like

I have the logitech yoke, just recently purchased a second one. I have issues on one computer that has has a high end xeon processor but crappy graphics card and I have issues of control. I have another computer, i9 with 3090 card and lots of fast memory etc… No issues at all with the yoke. I do see drift and crabbing with the lighter planes which I would expect, (the turn coordinator is centered so I am in coordinated flight). It is possible that the trim/yoke control is not perfect or perhaps the programmers really did include effects of wind on the plane. I am a real pilot with my own plane so I know what should be normal trim settings and expected drift. I have flown many different planes in my career and I can say that the simulator is not perfect but close enough to replicate a lot of what is real. However, the software is a major resource hog that can only be partially offset by adjusting settings. I am sure that most everybody on this forum knows more than me, but based on my experience, once I switched to the better hardware, the experience went from frustrating to fun.

2 Likes

Oh yes, for sure.
The sim is very much a resource hog.
It will though, run nicely on smaller computers, mine is quite far from ideal.

I don’t have your flying experience, mine is just based on the C172, but I do find the sim to be quite close to that plane.

I have been using FSUIPC for many years with FSX and P3D, but I was reluctant to use it with MSFS as I assumed that all the new sensitivity settings would allow me to control the aircraft smoothly. However after a lot of tweaking I seemed unable to obtain the correct control sensitivity settings, so yesterday I installed the latest version of FSUIPC. It’s a revelation, and transforms the aircraft handling, both on the ground and in the air. The control inputs seem to work more quickly more smoothly, and more consistently. I must add that I am full of respect for the work Asobo have carried out in terms of scenery, weather and graphics, but I’m afraid in terms of control bindings and sensitivities the more complex they make the system the worse it seems to get.
FSUIPC is not perfect yet, the autosave function currently is inoperative, awaiting a Sim update I believe, but so far I have no complaints and have not experienced any problems.

1 Like

You echo my feelings as well, word for word!
Night and Day difference.
Are you aware of the command line to add to the .ini file to improve stability with the simconnect CTD issue?

1 Like

No I’m not aware of that. I was hoping that the next days upgrade might resolve the Sim connect issue. If you know of a fix it might be useful.
Many thanks.

Add this line to the “General” section of the FSUIPC7 .ini file:

ProvideAIData=No

1 Like

Thank you so much, I made the change and then completed a four hour flight without issue. Let’s see what tomorrow’s update brings. Keeping my fingers crossed.

2 Likes

I have a 1660 ti

That is more than enough.
I’m only running a 1070.

1 Like

Is that in file explorer or the game, because i can not find it.