London, no apocalyptic wasteland and stutters, what rig do you have?

In all tests and benchmarks I have seen in MSFS AMD was faster than Intel. I am talking about processor, I made a mistake in my post I meant I have 5800x with 3080.

ā€œTestsā€. Try day to day usage and stability. Single tests are garbage metrics.

No problems for me. Ga planes i get around 60 fps with high/ultra settings. 1440p. 10900k / rtx3090 / 64gb ram

Ga planes with glass cockpit it drops a bit to mid 50ā€™s. A320 around 35-45.

It performs better then other big photogrammetry cities

That makes sense. I meant all settings in ULTRA, with LIVE traffic and online traffic and in 4k.

Never had an issue. No crash, everything works great. I have no preference for Intel or AMD, but AMD was just faster so I went with it.

I was replying to op. Not you.

Anyway. I have all the lod settings at max. Also the buildings, trees and grass/bushes. Anisoptropic @16. For the rest itā€™s all high en motion blur off ofcourse. Barely notice a difference in quality between all ultra, and performance gain is huge.

Ai was on real time btw.

1 Like

Thatā€™s the reason Asobo waits to implement helicoptersā€¦

London 4k Ultra. I even took an airbus instead of a GA plane. With live traffic. And road traffic @ 50%

Honestly at this point I feel its kinda gluttonous to keep purchasing AMD GPUs and expecting stellar bug free VR performance. For the past 20 years most PC game software devā€™s have always leaned more toward the Nvidia side with optimizations and Nvidia GPU specific featuresā€¦

You are right. I did some testing myself. I get an average 35 fps without other players in a GA aircraft and it drops to 30-31 with lots of players around. I think what made it look choppy was that sometimes it drops to 23-25 suddenly for a second. It is very inconsistent compared to other areas.

What really surprised me that I was consistently GPU limitedā€¦ I remember I did testing a month ago and back then over photogrammetry heavy areas (New York) I would be CPU limited and GPU limited everywhere else. Interesting.

Iā€™m reviewing the UK update for a Magazine, and since the update any scenery where photogrammetry has been installed is blocky and lacking in any detail.
In fact far worse that the default scenery.

In order to use the simulator for other work I have now turned photogrammetry off.

I have reported this to ZenDesk, has anyone else had the same experience?

Why donā€™t you just lower some settings instead of running ultra then? I just use high end preset and then i take the lod sliders up to 200 and trees buildings at ultra and anisotropic at 16x. For the rest i leave them all @ highā€¦ Almost unnoticable from ultra except from shadow resolutionā€¦ Gained alot of fps. Even with 150% render scaling (iā€™m on a 1440p monitor)

Yeah, for that I could be well on my way to RW flight hoursā€¦Thereā€™s no way Iā€™m spending that kind of money just to have PG in a sim thatā€™s still unpredictable and in its infancy- They really should find a way to make it work better with those of us with mid-end PCs.

Oh yes- PG has been broken since the beginning. Even with high-end PCs, it doesnā€™t really live up to the advertisements. Just like many things in this new worldā€¦only about 75% of things actually work. Check back in 6mos and see if it gets any better. Iā€™ve been simming for 30 years. Iā€™ve been waiting for this next-gen sim for almost two. What did we get? Airplanes that didnā€™t work. Scenery that didnā€™t work. Weather that didnā€™t workā€¦It took months to get things halfway right, and weā€™re still in some kind of cruel limbo.

Yet, the potential of the sim is nothing short of spectacular, and it does get better with time. We can see the world, enjoy great weather, experience flight in ways we couldnā€™t do before. So, Iā€™m disappointed in the marketing nonsense vs reality, but I also think the reality will become much better in the future :slight_smile: Thatā€™s why I give the sim 2 stars. Iā€™d give it 4 if they were straight with us early on.

Thatā€™s exactly what I have now. Iā€™m certainly not paying 3k for a new video card, PSU, Mobo, chip and case just to have better-looking broken photogammetry

1 Like

Ryzen 3700X
MSI Radeon 5700 XT Gaming X
Nvme SSD, 32 GB Ram, etc.

Getting 30-40 fps around central London, 1440p Ultrawide, High End/Ultra Settingsā€¦

definitely playable for me but noticeable performance hit vs the 40 - 60 fps I get everywhere else.

Maybe Iā€™m going to have to switch to Radeon instead of holding out for the 3090. Do you have an opinion about the two options?

1 Like

Well a 3090 is going to be much more powerful then a 5700 XT since itā€™s last gen, so if you were thinking Radeon Iā€™d look at the 6900 XT as a comparable option to a 3090. From everything Iā€™ve seen youā€™ll be happy with both options though.

From videos Iā€™ve watched the power consumption seems a little more erratic with AMD though so youā€™ll want a gold rated power supply thatā€™s higher then recommended.

Honestly though Iā€™m very happy with my MSI 5700 XT Gaming X, itā€™s stable, quiet, playing everything on my 1440p ultrawide great. I built a brand new all AMD/MSI computer last June specifically for MSFS and Iā€™m glad I did with the worldwide shortages now for GPUā€™s and other parts. Itā€™s looking like the next gen 6700 XT will be out in March/April 2021 though at $400ish USD so Iā€™m thinking I might upgrade to that and throw the 5700XT in the girlfriends computer.

All my previous PCā€™s used Nvidia cards but I am happy moving to AMD and they havnā€™t gave me a reason to shift back.

3090FE OCā€™d and undervolted so Iā€™m hitting 1900Mhz on that with 10GHz mem speed. 5950X with PBO2 enabled with CBR23 scores of 30,300 hitting 5GHz on most cores. 32GB RAM at CL16 3800 1:1. So I would like to believe this is a top end machine.

In 4K with sliders to max Iā€™m hitting 50fps+ in airliners over LDN.

With Reverb G2 plugged in but not in VR mode the fps tanks to like <35fps, i.e. WMR running in the background is a huge resource drain.

Hitting around 25-30fps in LDN with the G2 with 100% in open XR and 100% in game, all sliders to ultra/max.

London looks like its been nuked in parts, the PG needs work!

Iā€™ve made this video specially for everyone questioning londons photogrammetry quality. Approach over the city into london city airport with the a320. From around 3000ft down to 0.

Looks prety good to me. No melted buildings as far as i can see. Worse then other pg cities? maybe yes. But definately not as bad as some here claim it is. (atleast for me, but guess you allready know after iā€™m kinda spamming this post with positive feedback about the update)

2 Likes