Long-EZ released by Indiafoxtecho

I imported the model into FS9, but the interior is not highly detailed. And there are a thousand other things that go into making a nice Flight Simulator aircraft: engine sounds, aerodynamics, avionics, switches, animation…

I straight up offered the model to Indafoxtecho as it’s just been sitting on my hard drive collecting dust for the past 20 years. They had already completed the visual model and had more than enough detail to work with as it was though.

1 Like

VERSION 1.02 has been released

• Fixed missing rain effects in the canopy
  • Fixed throttle lever animation
  • Fixed CoG limits in UI
  • Fixed wrong shadowing in Thunderbirds livery
  • Added “green checkers” livery
  • Added “military camo” livery
  • Added 8K paintkit to the download
1 Like

I bought it earlier today. It’s nice, but I am looking forward to when MSFS implements canards support.

Gonna grab this tonight, should add some fun to this weekends flights!

Also, super excited for the MB 339 from Dino which should be available this weekend going by his post last week :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Some footage and opinion of the Long-EZ. I’ve been enjoying it personally. Great scout plane.

1 Like

Makes a nice scout plane.

5 Likes

Is this your review mate? I found it to be a fair, well balanced and intelligent look at this interesting aircraft!

I really enjoyed it, thanks :+1::clap:

Thanks Zoot, appreciate the feedback.

1 Like

I would love to purchase this little bird, but i love to have an autopilot in it, is there a chance to get one?

Great review, Trevo!

I have one issue I have seen in my 2 flights with this… is it just me or do the instruments not have any backlighting without other things in the cockpit eliminated? It’s awful to fly with that blinding reflection on the canopy, but it’s weird to not see any instrument readings cause your lights are off… I don’t like not being able to tell what my airspeed is.

1 Like

339 imminent :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I hope so dude!!! Cant wait much longer haha

I first flew this aircraft in FS2004 (freeware?) and again in FSX. I have enjoyed it tremendously over the tears but this one has me puzzled. It seems it’s nearly impossible to trim for level flight. The slightest input to the elevator trim makes it either pitch up or down and it seems there is no middle ground.

Is anyone else experiencing similar behavior? Any ideas for a fix?

1 Like

Is there any way to “clean” the cockpit canopy of the Long-EZ?

I like this plane, but the canopy dirt is ridiculous!

2 Likes

I agree. It’s especially distracting when the sun is low in the sky. Who would let their canopy get that nasty?

On the Facebook Page, Dino commented that the testers actually demanded a heavily scratched cockpit. Go figure.

Why would anyone want a heavily scratched canopy on an airplane. That just makes it hard to see. I would agree with a very few scratches or smudges but not what it has. It’s way past overkill and makes it hard to see through at times.

1 Like

Original Facebook Post by IndiaEchoFoxtrot

3) Canopy scratches → Probably overdone. In our defense, a clearer canopy was not appreciated by the testers…

1 Like

Dino has also talked about adding AP and Garmin. Personally, I’d buy that version.

1 Like

I guess “to each his own” applies here.

Personally, I prefer to have as unobstructed view out of the plane as possible with just a smudge or two to show it’s there.

If he could reduce the smudges and scratches by 50% I’d be happy.