Long load time after yellow ready to fly activation

Been noticing this for a while and my friend I fly with with Onair manager has the same problem , and I’m sure there must others . You load up the sim and wait forever and then you get to the world map, you pick your aircraft and your airport, now the fun starts. I’m running map enhancement Google now ,not the pay one but for a long time was with the Bing map , but my friend is running the pay ware google enhancement and has the same problem. I have to wait a good 5 min. or more before I activate the yellow "Fly"button. If I don’t wait long enough the load line with go to the center of the monitor and stop with there and will never move , then it’s go to task manager control alt delete the sim and start over with normal mode . Any one have any idea what this can be ? Louis cyyc

The google enhancements aren’t supported and can lead to all sorts of odd behaviour. Its been like this since MSFS was released.

MSFS recommends that this map addon not be used, as it quite often leads to issues such as you are experiencing.
As such, the addon is not permitted to be discussed in these forums.
My recommendations are to uninstall the map addon, using the addon’s uninstaller.
If you are still having these issues after removing this addon, please create a new post explaining your problem.

1 Like