Longitude Fuel Efficiency Test Flight Results (using the mod fix)

In preparing for my “Seven Continent” tour, I’m testing the Longitude’s free mod that fixes many of this aircraft’s issues. I flew an intracontinental route tonight to see if this is a viable aircraft (fuel-wise) to fly to all the continents.

Here are my fuel statistics for a 2,050 nm flight I took tonight between KSNA (John Wayne/Orange Co., California) and KMIA (Miami Int’l). The flight took 4 hours, sixteen minutes. I flew at FL450 with tailwinds around 60 kts and, at times, 78 kts.

Mod’ed Longitude Specs:

• Max Takeoff Weight: 39,500 lbs
  • Max Fuel capacity: 14,593 lbs (2,178 gal)

Flight Specs and Notes:

• Actual Weight at takeoff (with just my copilot and I, 400 lbs of baggage, and 100% fuel level): 38,722 lbs (of which 14,593 was fuel weight)
  • The consumption figures include taxiing from departure terminal, flying, and taxiing to arrival terminal
  • My TAS was 460 during the majority of the flight (cruise phase)
  • Flight plan ETE: 04:07
  • Actual ETE: 04:16:13 (or 4.27 hrs)

Arrival Metrics:

• Fuel level: 6,700 lbs (1000 gal)
  • Actual weight at arrival: 30,829 lbs

Final Calculations:

• Fuel used: 7,893 lbs (1,178 gal)
  • Avg fuel per hour (all flight phases): 1,849 lbs/hr or 276 gal/hr
  • Avg of fuel per nm (all flight phases): 3.85 lbs/nm 0.58 gals/nm

Caveats

This flight was the jet stream, as noted by the tailwinds in the introduction and with only two souls on board. This flight was at FL450, which provides increased efficiency compared to lower altitudes.

Conclusion/extrapolation:

Base on the above, I can expect to fly 7.0 hours or 3,374 nm (sans a 11% “reserve” or just under an hour’s worth of reserve flight or 417 nm of reserve flight).

:star: UPDATE: 09 Dec 2020
For you geeky types, here are more of my fuel statistics on my “Seven Continents of Flight” tour. There is a PDF in the following link. Go to the “seven-continents…” folder. There are also all my flight plans…

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtIUNn522YFog68bEYIvULZdm2iqzw?e=9zaPMu

The free Longitude mod (it’s not mine) can be found here:

#longitude #fuelefficiency #lesgainous #lk2prgm #ksnatokmia

3 Likes

I’m at FL430 accelerating to .80M is that what you did the flight at was .80M at FL450

I was more at 0.70M at FL450 for this flight.

Cool I’ll try that on my next flight

I’ve been flying at 0.69 Mach at FL450 for the past five hours. I’m on an ETOPS-180 flight from Venezuela to the Cape Verde islands.

1 Like

Cool I want to try some ETOPS-180 flights in it

1 Like

Does it work with Onair?

During cruise my plane’s instruments would randomly go dark. It’s the weirdest thing. Crash detection is off.

1 Like

Does what work with OnAir?

Thanks, this was driving me mad. Why the heck can’t Asobo fix this? The customers should not have to fix the aircrafts themself, i paid extra for this aircraft and it uses fuel like a Mig-21.

For you geeky types, here are more of my fuel statistics on my “Seven Continents of Flight” tour. There is a PDF in the following link. Go to the “seven-continents…” folder. There are also all my flight plans…

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtIUNn522YFog68bEYIvULZdm2iqzw?e=9zaPMu

1 Like

Is the install instructions for the non Steam version? I can’t find this folder \Packages\Official\OneStore\asobo-aircraft-longitude.

1 Like

Look here:

C:\Users[Your User Name]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightDashboard_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\

Remember that AppData is a hidden folder so enable your hidden folder option on your view section of file explorer.

Drop a feedback so we can know if you solved it.

Hi,
I’ve tried to click on your link for the Seven Continents of Flight Tour, but I get a " Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private" error message from the forum.

EDIT: Ok, I see what’s wrong, the link in your posts somehow got truncated.
It should be: 🌎 Seven Continents of Flight (in the Citation Longitude)

Looking great, thanks.

1 Like

Great catch of my typo, @Giannino2! :eyes:

I’ve updated the link in the original post.

:+1: Thank you, very much!

The LocalCache folder is empty.

I just finished a flight from LAX to IAH 1,250 NM @ FL410 .82 MA. with 5 souls OB, left with 82% fuel 29% cargo, arrived with 40% fuel left. I know I left with a lot, but I wanted to test the mod. I can’t stand the runaway dials which can really screw up a nice flight. Also that speed dial and the manual speed dial get mixed up all the time. The FLC on decent dips you to almost a vertical dive. There just aren’t enough exec jets in flight sim. Hope a payware version comes out soon.

I just found it today listed in ONair as “Cessna Longitude Mk.2” Flying it now for the first time. Significant cargo improvements.