Longitude Mod 1.8 incompatible with new upgrade

Have you tried deleting the Longitude mod and all zip files related to it, redownloading it from flightsim.io and installing from scratch?

Look, computers don’t run on magic. There is a logical reason how the system works and a logical reason why yours isn’t working.

Do you have any external drives? Is MSFS installed on the C: drive? Where is your Community folder? Are there any other folders you might have forgotten about? Are you sure? Are you really, sure? Can you prove it to me?

When you did a “clean installation” how did you remove the old install?

Many years of debugging computer problems have told me that if you keep looking for the solution you will eventually figure out the problem. And then it will be obvious and make perfect sense why it isn’t working now. Don’t give up.

Yes I installed from a new download of 1.8, I also installed the previous versions from 1.5, 1.6, 1.65, 1.7 and 1.75, none of them worked! The hangar shows 29 planes without the Longitude. I installed the sim on the C drive with everything in their default directories.
The clean installation was done by uninstalling the sim from XBox platform, and reinstalling from the same XBox interface, it downloaded about 160+ GB and before it started to install I checked the C drive and made sure the whole MS simulation folder was purged.
I know there gotta be a reason, just don’t know what :disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:

So you’re on the Xbox not the PC? I don’t know enough about Xbox to help in that case. Sorry, I hope you can figure out what the issue is.

Use PC with XBox interface. Thanks anyway

The game is not out on xbox till this summer

This is the developer’s section of the forum.
He may be able to give you some assistance if you post there.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/cessna-citation-longitude-flight-dynamics-modification-project

Sorry, I’m thinking of the 787 issue which is also going on.

Have you read through this entire thread and seen all the things we tried? I still think there’s something wrong with the OPs set up or he is making a mistake somewhere in the mod install.

1 Like

The 787 does indeed seem to be something like that.
Yes, I have been following it.
This is a quote in the install readme that may help.

"FAILED INSTALLATION NOTES:
Installs occasionally fail and the Longitude will no longer be visible in the aircraft selection menu. A common fix is to close the sim, remove the mod package, restart the sim and then in the content manager within the sim, delete and then reinstall the stock Longitude. Once the stock Longitude is confirmed available, close the sim and reinstall the mod as instructed above. Restart the sim and check to see if the modded version is now available. "

I assure you I did everything exactly what the instruction says. It’s not something hard to do, a ten year old can do that in a minute. Besides I had enjoyed the previous versions for 2-3 months with hundreds of flights

Did you do the above?

Yes yes yes I swear to god :face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

When you did that, did you put the new layout.jsn file in with the default version?

I either overwrote it or deleted the stock first then pasted the mod layout, not once, but over a dozen times

1 Like

Just trying to catch up on what you may have already done.
I’m going to keep digging and see what I can come up with!

At this point I’m just hoping the next version (1.85 probably ) will fix the problem and magically return my plane…

1 Like

I would write the author of the mod. This used to happen with me using the Meigs field mod. Wrote the author and he acknowledged the problem and fixed it.

I’m not so sure it’s a problem with the mod.
It would be quite common were that so.
Did you replace that layout.jsn after the update?
It would have been overwritten.

I will use the link to post this thread, itsgonna take forever to scroll to the bottom though🥱

Well unless I have lost my sanity I can clearly recall I did this repeatedly for hours yesterday.

1 Like

When you uninstalled the default from the content manager, did you confirm that the actual folder had been deleted?