Longterm for XBox

I think I said something similar in the DC-6 thread I started a few weeks ago but words really mean nothing, especially to a customer. So until we see true action, yes this is a manager word salad (credit @KCRibs1).

1 Like

They are “Investigating” the purged products now. Does anyone wanna place bets? Is this honestly “normal” for this kinda thing to happen? I’m gonna have a look on my profile right now.

1 Like

I can confirm: all my purchased aircraft are showing as not purchased in Xbox marketplace. They are still installed and usable though. This is quite worrying.

1 Like

xbox s user …
Last year somehow I learned MS was going to port MSFS to an xbox. I got very happy. I remember the days when a homemade rigs wasn’t complete till you were able to run MSFS on it. Yes I’m that old.

Before I retired I was a Test Engineer. A Test Engineer’s job is to ‘write’ tests the manufacturer say the product will do. I.E. if a company makes a knife that it says will cut thru concrete then my job is to ‘write’ a test that anyone can follow that demonstrates said knife cuts thru concrete. if knife cut thru concrete it passes - if it can’t cut thru concrete it fails.

All MS had to do as a final test is d/l a mod or addon to a xbox OUTSIDE it’s company network. At that point a final QA would of saved money and reputation cost. Writing software to test software is a very very hard problem.

I have lower my expectations. I enjoy the parts of the game that work and just sigh at the parts that don’t.

dw

4 Likes

Well you did say you had a lot of products causing issues, so MS is getting rid of them :rofl:

I am only kidding of course. Rest assured that you have not lost anything, your items will return. This has happened before on Xbox marketplace with other games.

It is jarring though when it happens

2 Likes

I’m going to err on the side of positivity, which isn’t something I do lightly. I’m a realist.

However, I’m going to take the very unusual post from @SeedyL3205 as a sign of hope, for sure.

I scour many of the threads on this forum and I’m not too sure I’ve seen a post like this before.

It’s a total drag that the Marketplace authentication server (assuming this was the culprit) choked this evening on the same day we get this post.

Try, all, to keep it separated and stay positive.

After all, our honesty, fairness and quality of discourse here is what earned the eyes and response of a Community Manager.

2 Likes

I think you are right. It is a good & much needed response. I will judge based on actions in 2022 though. I do think there is more than enough ranting elsewhere and it really adds no value to getting things noticed or fixed, but it is often the way on social media these days. We have to remember that devs are human too and are lets not forget working hard amid a global pandemic. I hope they have some good downtime and recouperation this holiday season and come back refreshed in 2022.

2 Likes

I’m really harsh on Asobo but this is the best update I’ve seen since joining the community with Xbox this summer/SU5. I actually feel heard.

2 Likes

It feels like a breakthrough :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I had honestly given up on a response like this. I feel some hope again.

2 Likes

I take it that everyone has their stuff restored by now?

@Broseph4245 a few of us here have been only “slightly” vocal of our discontent which has irked some to do the same leading to what has transpired. Thing is we’re trying to offer up a direction or advice in a way that’s genuinely helpful rather than let it degrade like so many other threads do where insults start flying around. This thread is by far one of the classiest going around.

@BragRaindrop933 I hope a morale boost is what they need, though I do expect they hit the ground running when they get back to it.

I think @tgbushman has nailed it, it has to do with the console itself and the operation surrounding it. I’ve definitely reached that conclusion myself which led me here in the first place. I am thinking that Asobo are probably just as confused, they just make content. The release to the Xbox is really up to Microsoft, I mean this is their console after all and really on them to get it to work. The OS likely needs an overhaul and they need to wake up to that. Sony addressed their OS for the PS5 and yes it does actually have a Next Gen freshness to it. It’d be hilarious if Flight Simulator actually ran on a PS5 better and it actually wouldn’t surprise as much as it would amuse me.

2 Likes

this is a truism,

can enjoy so much MFS flying on the Xbox now - it actually has many positives, that can often be overlooked…

& I just use the Steam PC version when it suits - loaded with quite a few addons & also VR enabled which provides great immersion…

1 Like

Lol… really lol… what is next gen at $ony. OS … ? There is nothing nextgen? No Dolby Atmos, no Dolby Vision, No Quickresume, no cloud gaming. Microsoft also have better Store Integration etc. so get real…

■■■■, looks like I struck a nerve. I hear ya, I really do, I know that and you’re right. Maybe I’ll get real next time. Perhaps my point was overlooked a bit. I was partially joking there obviously. You turn on a PS4 and you turn on a 5, they hit different with how things kinda feel and look was all I was pointing out really. About a “Feel” more than an actual substance. The hardware isn’t that far apart really and you know that, I mean we’re both powered by AMD but we get a few extra horsepower. Dolby Atmos and the like aren’t actually necessary. I play in Dolby Vision but I find it actually quite subjective at times but for sure I’d rather not go without it as I hope the color grading is doing its thing properly by toning down over the top highlights, but can’t really be sure.

Sorry, i forget also VRR… til today PS5 is also not capable of this… yeah…so $ony OS is real next gen :clown_face:

Back to topic :

1 Like

You can win this if it helps you sleep bro and have my point being completely wrong. I’m sure PS5 exclusives work on their OS with enhancement over last gen without any crazy nonsense this exclusive has given us. Not that I’ve heard anyway, I could be wrong, fine so be it. There is something they did right, credit where its due. There’s people out there that care nothing for some of these features, new games have to work with the new console (Exclusives first and foremost) and that is Next Gen to them, the other features are pretty subjective unless you’re an Audiophile or you’re OCD about calibrating your HDR down to the exact Nit.

you are right and I mean calm - i dont have any time to discuss real next gen feature with a ponie

1 Like

It was only a few days ago maybe, things were looking good for release relatively soon. The gauges don’t use the same coding that others use and are totally standalone outside the game if I remember right.

Does that also confirm the fact that the more complex the plane, the longer it’s gonna always be till release, if at all?

My issue I really is the game itself. I really enjoy/like it. The issue is MS advertised that the game is the same for xbox and pc. That Flight Sim is functional equivalently. That simply is not accurate. The issues are very different both on the xbox side and pc side.

I have and will praise them for the effort and skill to put this game. Believe I do know and understand the coding part. I was in that business(coding and selling) for many more years then most on the stream… …

My personal plan is to keep it as simple as I can with the least output of $$$$$. I’m just under a $1500 in equipment and software.

Xbox S $300
1TB Seagate Storage Expansion Card $$220
MSFS Standard $60
MSFS Deluxe $71
MSFS Premium $95 (yup I’m one of them that didn’t understand the easy path to upgrade)
Thrustmaster - T-Flight Hotas One Joystick for Xbox $80
Turtle Beach Velocity One $380
Assorted planes and other DLC from Marketplace $250

Maybe by next spring or summer the Xbox X will be available for normal walk-ins like this old guy - I’ll upgrade again.

dw

ps come join me for a race or so over in the biggest little city in the world…

1 Like

According to one developer the real problem lies in that devs can’t test what they’ve produced on Xbox:

"pdate (0425Z): all items should now be RESTORED. I have confirmed this on my own account and two other accounts from our Moderator team. We apologize for this outage. If you are still missing purchased items, please restart Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Update (0330Z): our support teams believe they have identified the cause of this issue and are currently preparing a solution. I can confirm that none of your purchased items from the Marketplace have been lost, and everything will be restored to your account.

We are currently investigating reports that players have lost access to some purchased Marketplace content. We have escalated this to the appropriate support teams and will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share."

2 Likes