Looking for best value joystick

Well, my Saitek Cyborg Evo finally bit the dust after serving for more than 11 years.

I’m looking for a new joystick to replace the old one. Just need a joystick with some buttons and a throttle.

I’m looking for a budget friendly option, not the cheapest, not the most expensive, but one that gives very good value for my buck. I am a casual simmer and don’t have a lot room on my desk for the 3 or 4 times a week I decide to fire up MSFS for an hour or so.

I see that Amazon has a really cheap one, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, which seems like it would do the job. But, what would be a next step up or next two steps up if I am looking to spend a little more to get a little more value?

[edit] Forgot to mention something important. I have a Xbox Series X and plan to also play MSFS on Xbox. It would be nice to have a joystick compatible for both PC and Xbox.

Thanks for your help.

2 Likes

Thrustmaster T.16000M
http://www.thrustmaster.com/products/t16000m-fcs-hotas

$79.00 USD at “Amazon dot com”

1 Like

Another solid option: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

2 Likes

Thanks. Seems like this is not available in Canada.

Which leaves me with only one real option if I plan to also use the joystick for Xbox:

That’s a nice one. I didn’t realize that any of these worked with XBox.

Yes this is the most stable joystick so far and I use it since day one of MSFS. No problem at all until now.

VKB Gladiator NXT. All 3 axis are dampend and the quality is nice.

1 Like

I use hotas one, it’s good value for money. But the throttle has detent in the middle range which may cause problems when I want to do precise manual throttle control.

I have the Logitech 3D stick and it’s just OK…works fine for the price and is proven over time…but I then wanted a stick that wasn’t so jumpy and was smoother on the reaction to movement and bought a mid priced HOTAS setup. I should have just bought the HOTAS from the start as the mechanism on the stick is much better than the lower priced Logitech in terms of input sensitivity. With the Logitech I found it hard to give it small adjustments to maintain level flight and I was over correcting too much. Perhaps I didn’t set up the dead zone or sensitivity correctly.

Just an update to everyone: I bought a used Logitech Flight Yoke. I know, it goes against some of the criteria mentioned in OP. :smile:

Thanks for your suggestions.

So… big oversight from my end. I have no way to apply rudder. Lol.

Hi,
If xbox compatibility wouldn’t have been a must I would have recommended VIRPIL products! High end quality for sure.

I highly recommend this stick : https://www.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-TCA-Sidestick-Airbus-PC/dp/B0873QXDQT/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=airbus+flight+stick&qid=1622694413&sr=8-1

I have the T16000 setup and decided I wanted better so ordered a complete Virpil set. I hope I will not need new equipment for years to come.

I also recommend VKB Gladiator NXT. VKB is not the main stream brand but it worth every dollar you pay.
https://vkbcontrollers.com/?product=gladiator-nxt

I do have a VKB also and it is a great joystick. I have a left handed version. The only reason I went to Virpil is I wanted a complete Hotas system with control panel. VKB does not have this yet but they say it is coming.

I would suggest that whatever you get, that the best value will be realised more than five years down the line. (My force feedback Logitech G940 is now around ten or maybe even eleven years old. Cost me 300 then and to replace now with another FFB stick, would be well over a thousand)

Get something with Hall sensors rather than potentiometers, because these will start to fail with age and the magnetic sensors are much more accurate, giving higher fidelity through the lifespan of the unit.

In short, throw some cash at a well researched and supported stick. You won’t regret it and the overall cost will be lower too.