Looking for somewhere to fly? Try FlightLoc!

FlightLoc is a website that lists and has a map of lots of interesting locations to check out if you want somewhere new to fly.

26 Likes
19 Likes

Thanx…very helpfull!.. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thank you so much. Excellent for my next flight plans.

1 Like

Went to see Guilin, China and it was … a disappointement. The game does not seems to handle well cliffs and abrupt mountains.

2 Likes

Sweet! Just what I was looking for, sight seeing and bush flying locations :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for FlightLoc, great website!

I made a video trying to land a Daher TBM 930 on Saba, the landing is impossible I think: https://youtu.be/f5ST10-_d-M

I gave credit to FlightLoc for pointing the location out, THX again and have fun with MS Flight Simulator!

2 Likes

This is really bad! I went to Guilin and is an awesome place…

Thanks man , looks great !

Very interesting, thank you

1 Like

It is very nice

1 Like

Thank you for the site info. Just what I needed to explore the world!!

1 Like

I keep begging them to bring back aerocaches. Those were a lot of fun and you learned a lot too.

2 Likes

Just found that as well. having a blast!

There are some fun places to explore on this site, thanks!

The Grand Tour Flight Planner app has all the FlightLoc locations built in that you can select and then export as a flight plan - also able to make your own custom flight plans …give it a look HERE (youtube vid with link to app in description)

Thanks for the appreciation. The Users’ Guide is more detailed and describes the plane tracking feature. I made this app. to satisfy my own wishes. In addition to the “wonders” mentioned, I am getting a good tour of the US by flying to all the state capitals. I learn about countries and their capitals as well by using the built-in flights.
I would like to mention another activity. The book Fate is the Hunter is the best memoir of a pilot’s personal experiences that I have read (there are others I can recommend too). It is great fun as you read a book like that to follow the flights in FS .

Perhaps this is the forum where others could recommend a book like that. The thread might be called “Literary Flights”.

The link for people that love to click :smiley:

I second this website’s value. In fact, my flight planner has built-in flight plans to all of the locations. Load one into FS. You are put at the nearest airport with a waypoint to the “wonder”. Take off, fly over, fly back to land.

1 Like