Lots of crashes on XBOX with the following content

Just wanted to report that I encounter crashes of the entire sim with the following bought payware

KPWK Chicago Executive Airport crashes on the Xbox every single time, no matter what parking i start from as soon as i start to taxi it crashes right away.

EDIT: Me and the developer tracked down the cause, its definitely a memory issue on the Xbox at the moment and it happens as soon as more static spawned parked aircraft come in range and specificly when in external view of your aircraft. He is releasing a fix that will remove the static parked aircraft that are now baked into the scenery and hopefully it will make it usable until Microsoft / Asobo fixes the memory leak.

1G4 Grand Canyon West Airport crashes when you try to approach the airport coming from the old cabins.

Edit: Me and the developer been in talks and he is making some modifications so that it uses less memory, he is sending out an update to Microsoft / Asobo this weekend to hopefully make it flyable until Microsoft / Asobo fixes the memory leak.

My Replacement Assistance Trucks - Keeps on crashing at multiple airports

Now that is 3 products I wasted money on that I cant use right now, I surely hope this is getting looked at by not only the respective devs but also by Asobo / Microsoft and yes i know about the current beta test going on and I am participating but i sure hope it aint gonna take months that i have to wait for my bought products to work or I would love a refund for all the products that are not working right now.

Hi, not good to hear, are you using the new Xbox monitoring software as with your experiences you sound like a good candidate to help Asobo troubleshoot it?

4 Likes

Have you tried adjusting, deleting or eliminating your rolling cache? This seems to be a culprit in a lot of instances. I clear my persistent storage in my Xbox series X all the time as well. Especially after I update or download anything. Clear the cache, clear the persistent storage, exit out of game completely (don’t ever use quick resume with MSFS) and reboot console. Post the results for us.

Clearing persistant storage i do every day, i dont use rolling cache at all. i never use quick resume and I reboot the console a lot specially after a crash. Problem remains because of what I already explained in the 1st post

UPDATE!!!

KPWK Chicago Executive Airport crashes on the Xbox every single time, no matter what parking i start from as soon as i start to taxi it crashes right away.

EDIT: Me and the developer tracked down the cause, its definitely a memory issue on the Xbox at the moment and it happens as soon as more static spawned parked aircraft come in range and specificly when in external view of your aircraft. He is releasing a fix that will remove the static parked aircraft that are now baked into the scenery and hopefully it will make it usable until Microsoft / Asobo fixes the memory leak.

1G4 Grand Canyon West Airport crashes when you try to approach the airport coming from the old cabins.

Edit: Me and the developer been in talks and he is making some modifications so that it uses less memory, he is sending out an update to Microsoft / Asobo this weekend to hopefully make it flyable until Microsoft / Asobo fixes the memory leak.

2 Likes

Both got an update today but on Xbox

KPWK Chicago Executive Airport

On xbox series x after the update today we now have an immediate crash when you start at a parking spot with any addon aircraft, take the carenado skymaster as example i start at parking e parking ramp 3 with live real time and live real weather in the skymaster and after you click fly and you load in the airport it crashes or it crashes as soon as you request taxi clearance.

Have not tried default aircraft yet but addon aircraft is a definite no go, specially the lightweight carenado aircraft should be no issue but it does

Edit: Also crashes with default aircraft only then during Taxi so this product is not safe to use on Xbox at all as it doesnt work. I am going to request a refund for now, the developer did his best to fix it but it didnt get fixed with his ideas.

I will be testing 1G4 in a couple minutes

Update 1G4 seem to be completely fixed, I threw a lot of things at it to see if it would crash but no it didnt, just 1 minor slow down that was hardly noticable anymore. Great job by the developer on fixing this beautifull scenery on Xbox

Hey @Jummivana can you please look at your Messages for a refund of this product that is crashing the Xbox KPWK Chicago Executive Airport