Low bandwidth Message - Connection Lost - Switched Offline

Hopefully this all works.

It usually does for me

BTW any 3rd party mods that came with an installer might have to be reinstalled again.

Download finally finished
still not working. Kinda fed up with this sim right now.

1 Like

New day, no change; still completely broken. Uninstalled the sim until the next update.

1 Like

Today the “low bandwidth” message popped up and immediately took me offline. At the same time, the Discord com I was using dropped and Discord terminated. I checked my Windows network connection and it was not working. After a few minutes the network connection started working. I reset all my MSFS data connections to “ON” and restarted Discord. Now I’m wondering if there is something flakey with Windows or the driver for my network card.

1 Like

Turn off your modem, wait about 5 min’s before you plug it back in, then do the same with your router and pc. If its not better, check your error logs on your modem router and see if there isnt anything abnormal there. Ive had times where my connection would do such strange things, and when I check log files, I saw that I was being ddos’s from the outside world.

you can also try DDU’ing your graphics driver and reinstall a new driver and see if that helps. And as far as that goes when was the last time you cleaned fans/vents etc in your computer, maybe your fans are full of cat / dog /cigarette smoke and providing adequate cooling.

Did all of that including resetting the modem completely. No dice, still drops in and out constantly. Error logs showed nothing.

1 Like

I was thinking about this on my morning walk, I remembered that you said you had a 200mbps connection but only get 60mbps during busy times right?

Might it be possible that the ISP see’s the constant mpbs stream comming from your system, and thinking that

A: Pirate your moving wares through their system
B: Just because we sold you a 200mpbs account doesnt mean your entitled to it.

You should run over to dslreport.com and run a speed test and watch the bufferbloat part of the test. If your getting highbuffer bloat it wreaks havok on the sim. (another personal experience for me). I have a 120 account and if I run the above speed test it tells me Im getting my 120 download speed but the bufferbloat is in excess of 1000-2000ms. If I use my router to trim the bufferbloat with QoS, I have to trim it back to around 90 / 10, when I do this the sim started acting differently.

As for the throttling part of it, it is possible for an ISP to throttle certain parts of your connection and not others. Just a thought

No issues came up from the dsl report, bufferbloat peaked at 32ms. Still having issues with this

Yeah 32 ms is really good.

Like I said you might call your ISP and asking them if they’re throttling any part of your connection, explain to them that your running MSFS and it generally requires 40 or so mbps just to play and see what they say, be persistent but dont be a prick ;p

Ask them if they can send someone out to check the line noise, spectrum here likes to tell you they’re gonna charge you for the call, I dont know how your ISP would handle it. It didnt used to be that way.

Might have to do this, although I tried with a VPN to see if it was anything with my ISP and there’s no difference at all.

ISP just confirmed for me nothing is blocked on their end and everything with my connection is fine, no throttling. I dont understand.

Live weather, live traffic, and multiplayer all work just fine. I simply cannot do anything with the Bing data.

There’s probably 20 more hops to the MSFS servers and regardless of how fast or stable your connection to your ISP is there are no guarantees beyond that.

However it sounds like you may have very slow, defragmented or overfilled storage and/or not enough virtual cache.

I have close to 1 tb free storage on the drive the sim is on, plenty of room on the rolling cache drive too.

That’s a good half answer 
 How about your system drive and virtual memory arrangements?

8gb pagefile for the system drive and drive the MSFS content is installed on. System drive has plenty of space left too.

Game is now freezing everytime I load a flight even with data turned off and doing this all of a sudden
really great experience here.

1 Like

Yeah thats some real slow loading time on the landscape there. It has to be something with the network thruput your getting. Unless of course your only playing at the most busiest time of the day for the server

But remember this an ISP can throttle your VPN connection as well, so thats not especially a determing factor that it did it even with VPN

Hardware issue

Try this launch the game, if you can get it to load, minimize it, open task manager, click on performance tab, go down to the bottom left and click on the resources tab (button), in that highlight flightsimulator, goto the network connection section, pick one write down the address. Now quit all this fs, taskman ect, open a cmd (might have to run this as admin I dont remember) and then do a tracert address.you.previously.recorded and look to see what that tells you, you’ll probably have some show blank not a major concern, but look to see if anything goes from 30 ping to some large number, do it a few times, if you get such traffic, write down the address and see who it belongs to, and go from there.