Low bandwidth Message - Connection Lost - Switched Offline

I’m sorry to offend anyone, but Microsoft and Asobo need to get their heads out the clouds and fix this issue. For many, Flight Simulator can be a HUGE investment in time and money. This is beyond annoying. It shouldn’t be that hard of an issue to resolve. Thier lack of attention on this specific matter shows that their not really concerned or care about the End User!

4 Likes

I havent had time to read all entries. But most. I could not find any ticket for this issue. Is there one that can be upvoted ?

1 Like

go to the topics heading and you find a Vote button :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

ok, done that… but doesn’t there have to be an official Zendesk ticket for anything to happen ?
Maybe there’s a mixup of the issues though. I am bugged about the message dialog that pops up telling that you’ve lost connection to the server. You then have to either klick ‘ok’ or ‘switch to offline mode’ to continue. While the dialog is open no controll actions are processed.

1 Like

ZenDesk ticket you can create too ( follow the Support link in forums heading ) , it goes into the internal database. Here is a good summary about the relation: Bug instantly got solved when submitting a report via Zendesk - #14 by Hester40MT

ah… related to the “edit” … the nerving popup… For this we have a wish-topic

2 Likes

i had it again today too

I’m getting this on a regular basis making the game unplayable. So frustrating when I have limited time and then it doesn’t work, getting really ■■■■■■ off
#PC, Steam, UK

Had this too today, even though my internet is more than adequate!

Been having slow and not loading photogrammry occasionally too. Time to buy some new servers!

Hello
You can try the following.

Improve the Speed ​​of Your Internet.
Go to regedit and search

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters

Right-click on -Parameters> New> DWORD 32-
Name it -IRPStackSize -. Then double-click on it and change the value to 32 (If you already have it, just change the value)

(Of course, restart the computer for the changes to take effect.)

1. IRPStackSize
    IRPStackSize(I/O Request Packet Stack Size) basically represents how many 36-byte receive buffers your computer can use simultaneously. Allows your computer to receive more data at the same time. If you have a great Internet connection (more than 10 Mbps), you will benefit from it. For those of you with smaller internet connections, you might not notice even the slightest difference, so skip this.

Your system typically allocates 15 IRPs in your network stack. Most of the time, you would benefit much more from 32, although you can set up to 50. Try 32 first.

I solved this really annoying low bandwith problem by connecting through a VPN.

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

yes

Brief description of the issue:

Not able to controll aircraft when dialog box is poping up with warning about connection lost to the server.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFcU23I9sLo

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Occurs spontaneously. Not reproducable with specific steps.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

This issue has been repoted before in another context.
However above issue mixes different causes and solutions. So I start this thread specifically about losing the ability to control the aircraft when mentioned dialog box pops up during a flight.

This is not just a small flaw. It renders the simulator useless. Right on Monday morning, form a task force of your best people and get this solved Asobo / MS !

This issue should not be marked as solved. It is not. Also is it really sure that my report should be merged with this one ? It appears to me to be different topics. Some compain because the connection is lost. But my complaint is that I cannot control the aircraft when the warning box appears.
Does this issue have any attention at all at Asobo ?

then may be this whish topic would be interessting for you

Contact @moderators :wink:

1 Like

ok done that. Thank you.

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

This issue has been repoted before in another context.
However above issue mixes different causes and solutions. So I start this thread specifically about losing the ability to control the aircraft when mentioned dialog box pops up during a flight.

This is not just a small flaw. It renders the simulator useless. Right on Monday morning, form a task force of your best people and get this solved Asobo / MS !

I assume your comment was about the mentioned wishlist-topic ?
We should not start a discussion about the mentioned wishlist topic, which is related to the popup behavior, within this bug-topic here. This are different things…

I just got this error, towards the end of a flight, it said my bandwidth was too low. So I do a check and my Internet speed is fine, I go in to options to re-enable Bings Maps, and I am met with a forever looping screen saying “Applying Settings”??

Why, why is this allowed to happen, if it really cant do it, cant it just time out and go back to what it was, but no my whole flight gets killed because the window is just there forever looping, you cant close it, you cant do anything! This is the height of madness, not allowing a user to close a window like this!

Its just beyond annoying, I get it is all tied in to the internet, but mine was fine, nobody else using it, nothing downloading in the BG, and yet ok MSFS decides to kill my flight.

You need to make sure 100% that you do everything no matter what, when it is not a hard crash that we can get back to our flight, forever looping non closable windows is not a big help at all.

Please work on this, or do something to stop it.

1 Like

Been having this constantly for the last few weeks. Long haul is impossible now unless you babysit the aircraft