Low fps in handcrafted airports

Hey there,
I get 10-15 fps drops in hand crafted like CDG or Heathrow. My rig is bot the strongest but I do get 25-30fps most of the time including addon sceneries like Vienna. Any tips for settings I can change to improve? It looks like most settings don’t have any effect.
Thanks!

Reduce all the traffic items for a start, it’s a shame but those airports require so much processing that it’s inevitable that things will slow down when you’re near them.

It’s a simple matter of the amount of calculating the pc is doing for all those textures and shadows, particularly if your taxiing and looking left and right.

Aircraft on the ground and airport vehicles were huge fps savers for me. Also make sure you have generic aircraft turned on and that you’re not in multiplayer.

2 Likes

I will give it a try. Thank you both. It’s a shame they did those airports so heavy on the processor. Payware addons work fine with normal fps

I think its just the fact they are highly detailed, large airports, with potentially lots of traffic. The alternative would be to have lower detailed, inaccurate airports.

Although I have to say, I draw the line at modelling the insides of terminal buildings. That’s just silly! :slight_smile:

LOWW is detailed too. So as KMIA. They are not that heavy on the cpu and gpu

1 Like

No tips given, but these handcrafted airports are suffering from fps even on high end PCs. There are dozens of topics here complaining about it. The best you can do, send a zendesk

Many freeware scenery designers do not use the LOD technology for modeling. That could maybe a reason for the poor performance?! This is one of the most important work steps in game design today…
LODs

I am not running the latest and greatest hardware. My performance is fairly descent @KLAX,KJFK with sometimes stutters,EHAM,EGGL and all the rest of handcrafted except LFPG,EDDF my GPU seems to go almost in an idle state. Something is wrong with those airports. I can get good performance then it just dips at the two mentioned airports. For now will avoid them.Some payware airports suffer this too Flytampa KLAS has the same issue for me but when I load up a GA plane @KLAS its runs noticeably better.
Anyway looks like there is on going improvements. I still cannot find the source of the sudden fps drop.Could be a LOD optimization issue.

You haven’t detailed your computer’s specification.

My home field is Wellesbourne Mountford EGBW.

The Asobo version was really not good with wrong buildings, a beacon tower that does not exist and hangars where the cafe is.
Then Flyingtheston issued a handcrafted addon which is ‘inch perfect’ to reality. There is a lot of detail and parked museum aircraft. Helicopters at the helicopter tuition centre etc etc.

I had to reduce Ground Traffic to near zero. I have reduced Ground Personnel to zero ( They are always in the tower or cafe ).

Frame rate is still lower on the ground, but liveable. 25 - 30 fps. 35 - 40 fps in the air.

i5 8600K @ 4.8 GHz, 32 Gb DDR4 RAM, RTX 2080ti, HP Reverb G2. Not a slouch.