LOWI Innsbruck mesh messed up - acc-on conflict to blame

LOWI is my go-to airport to try new planes, or just for a relaxing flight in the evening. So I’m quite often at LOWI, minimum once per month.

I have the ORBX Innsbruck scenery installed and I always fly in VR.

Today, I wanted to fly the Discus 2c glider at Innsbruck. I was shocked to see that the beautiful Inn valley was all torn up, spikes and deep canyons everywhere! I flew the Discus anyways, and the next strange thing was morphing mountain slopes all around me. It felt like the mountains were alive (and they were trying to swallow me!).

I cought a thermal and made it to the peaks, but the mesh problems did not stop there. As I flew over a ridge, it began to disappear, revealing open space beneath. Extremely weird.

I was using SU9 (not the SU10 beta), no additional mesh add-on, not any other add-on that should have interfered with the scenery.

I did use kinetic assistant for the first time. Could that be the culprit?
Thanks for any comments or suggestions!

PD: I swear I did not smoke any funny stuff before my flight :slight_smile:

Topic moved into Community Support.

The Bug Reporting category is for reporting confirmed bugs using the provided template that can be replicated by others.

The Bug Reporting category is for default MSFS content only. No addons. :+1:

Clear your cache and try it again, looks absolutely fine on my end.

Over at the ORBX forum, there is a long thread on mesh problems after SU9. Airports that are affected are LOWI, Lukla and some others. The LOWI. screenshot posted in that forum shows exactly what I see: ravines, plateaus, morphing terrain, needles, the works.

The guys over there say something was messed up with that Sim Update.
I wonder why nobody at this forum has mentioned it…

Sorry didn’t catch the whole Orbex part, vanilla is fine.

Sorry, but no - vanilla LOWI is not fine (at least not in my setup)
I’ll post some pics when I find time. It’s a sight to behold, but certainly not fine…

Solved (for the time being).

I deactivated all community folder content (100s of add-ons there), and the mesh problem at LOWI disappeared!

Have you “deleted” any Asobo Innsbruck additions via the content manager?

Yes, right after installing the ORBX version.

I had noticed a light form of mesh conflict after installing ORBX LOWI, which disappeared after deleting Asobo’s LOWI in content manager.

But that was many months ago. When I started this thread the problem was much worse, and it must have been caused by one of the many add-ons in my community folder. Over time, I will reactivate them one by one - eventually I’ll find the culprit :slight_smile: