Ls8-18 glider speed indicator needle unreadable esp. in VR

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

yes

Brief description of the issue:

Incorrect speed indicator’s needle color (metallic not white), shape (bent not flat), material (metal?) and poor choosing of speed indicator model makes locating speed needle hard and mostly unreadable in VR. Please fix needle color to be at least as white/bright as other parts, make it more flat or best change model of speed indicator (as it is for flapped glider) with thicker needle and less confusing white markings similar to needle.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Example screenshot of hard to spot speed indicator’s needle:

Proof that needle has not white, bright enough color (and wrong material):

White markings (marked in blue by me) add greatly to the confusion.

Note the inappropriate orange markings that are flap settings (marked in purple by me) - as Ls8-18 is not a flapped glider those markings do not apply - it would be better to choose other speed indicator model with more readable thick white needle, more rased from the plate.

RL photo of the exact same model (from: Airspeed Indicator 6 FMS 421 (0-300kph 80mm))
Notice that needle is as white (not metallic as modelled) as other markings and is flat, not curved as modelled so it doesn’t disappear so easily:
obraz

As narrowing of the needle greatly adds to the unreadability in VR it is better to change speed indicator model
Examples of better speed indicators:
RL Ls8-18 footage (from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ4pd66AqmY&t=549s):

You can spot needle quickly, notice it is also more raised from the plate - needle shadows adds cue.
Another photo example from ls8 (although I would prefer thick needle) obraz
Random example of very readable thick needle:
obraz

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Just fly in LS8-18 preferably in overcast conditions in VR - the lower resolution you have the less easy the needle will be to find. What adds to confusion are strong white similar to needle markings on the indicator’s plate

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

YES

I consider myself to have OK eyesight, and this glider was the first time I found myself in the sim having to zoom in on the ASI to read my airspeed. There’s just a significant lack of reflectance on the needle that makes its’ small size even harder to see, and as posted above most needles are highly reflective and white, not matt silver.

I can only read the ASI by leaning in really close, and then I can only see it if I get it to move.

yes

very annoying in VR

Yup and it’s the sole reason I only fly the Discus … even if it’s as real as it can be a compromise needs to be found for less than 4k resoutions.