LSZH Zurich crackling and sputtering

Today doing a flight around LSZH comparing Microsoft’s rendition of LSZH and FSDreamteams I noticed some very serious crackling and spluttering while flying, and was amazed I did not get a CTD. This happens with both developers so its something in MSFS causing this.

Does anyone else get this as it is really bad ? Another thing when you exit, the screen goes black for about 10 seconds and only then returns to MSFS.

1 Like

I haven’t experienced this. I wonder if it is possible your scenery index files need a refresh?

You could try and delete them all and let MSFS rebuild them. The files are contained in
C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes for MSStore,

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\SceneryIndexes (I think) for Steam.

They look something like this:

It is a good troubleshooting step to delete the entire contents of that directory and restart MSFS to see if that corrects the issue.

2 Likes

Nope. done that and a lot more and does not solve the issue.

I have flown (airliners, GA, Concorde) multiple times using LSZH by FSDreamTeam as well as Asobo Studio, and have never experienced any such issues.

Hey, I experience exactly the same problem.
I have severe Frame-drops around Zurich in any plane. My usual FPS are close to 45, however at Zurich I am at around 17 with massive stuttering.

Did you figure out what causes this?

Heya I always had freezes and CTDs at LSZH. Very annoying as it is my home airport. If you own the FSDreamteam add on, you can delete the Asobo (Gaya) LSZH via content manager. This solved the freezing and CTDing for me and proves, there is a problem with the Asobo one.

2 Likes

Hello,
For community help, the best place to ask is Community Support. Your thread has been moved there.

Oh yes there is something wrong with MSFS2020 at LSZH as I have uninstalled Microsoft’s version and I have the FSDreamteam version installed and now it’s instant CTD. MSFS2020 is an absolute mess and Asobo are useless in my opinion.

No problems here. Flying daily in and out of the FSDtreamteam version with Asobo uninstalled and scenery packages refreshed.

Hi,

If you have the fsdreamteam Swiss mesh installed, this is the problem. He’s not compatible anymore with MSFS. He impact the whole Switzerland and more…