Manchester Airport (EGCC) - Macco Simulations

Hi everyone,

This is my brief review of EGCC by Maccosim.

I have obsessively collected UK scenery addons since FS9. Early payware included the venerable UK2000 and, later, Orbx - but there were always worthy freeware airports too. With the quality of resources MSFS brings to the table (grass, hangars, etc…) a whole new group of freeware designers are astonishing with their addons (I’m looking at you Superspud, Skell300, Flying Theston, Gobby)

Anyway - I took a chance on EGCC from new developer Maccosim. Boy did I strike it lucky. Let the pictures do the talking:

I love the accuracy and attention to detail which, at times, gets crazily obsessive:

Yes - that is INSIDE the terminal. For those who would complain about framerates … 1) the airport runs smooth as butter and 2) viewing a real 3D scene from outside the windows is so much better than the ‘lets just use photo textures to suggest the inside of the building’.

I have no ties to this developer (I’m just a customer) but I would urge all UK flyers to check them out (They’re working on Birmingham next).

Oh, and it snowed today:

7 Likes

Great review! (I’m BritishAvgeek on YouTube btw)

It’s an incredibly good scenery, exceptionally well made at an incredible price and is being constantly developed too. Definitely my favourite payware scenery and of a very high quality too

It’s one of my faves! Wouldn’t hesitate to recommend to anyone.

Amazing scenary, now all my flights start or finish at EGCC and everytime im rewarded with an amazing new addition as the airport is constantly developed.

I think the UK has a superb collection of airports already which are being and have been developed. Digital Designs John Lenon airport isn’t too shabby and I love the work Pilot Plus are doing with some of the smaller airstrips… I’ve lost count of all the airports Orbx and UK 2000 have already released.

1 Like

No offence intended but I just purchased the Digital Designs EGGP John Lennon Airport and it is nowhere in the league of Macco and EGCC Manchester. If Macco made it I’d happilly change mine as I find the EGGP rendition very poor in comparison. I have seen better freeware airports in other simulators.

1 Like

I have tried to find the interior shots you have but can not find the terminal point. what area are we at and the terminal number.

For some reason merchant that Maccosim uses for online purchase is flagged as suspicious and blocked by almost all banks/cards in my country because of which I cant purchase it from their website. Marketplace downloads instantly lead to CTDs and that is ruled out as well.

Is there a third source that can be used to purchase it?

Buy in market place and delete rolling cache
That may fix your CTD’s
That’s if you choose to purchase it via Microsoft store
I don’t know any other way to buy it apart from macco sim store

I bought it from the marketplace and have not encountered any issues, flew there just the other day.

Marketplace doesnt work for me for any 3rd party addon and always results in a CTD and purchases that I made is bad investment - simply wont install and installation itself gives CTDs. So, a no go for me.

I purchased from Marketplace a couple of weeks ago with no issues. I use this airport as my main starting airport with no issues.

I purchased the EGCC addon from marketplace. Content manager says it’s installed but the scenery does not appear in the game. I can see the MACCOSIM-EGCC folder in the right place, have tried moving it to the community folder, clearing the roaming data file, deleting the simulator.dat and content.xml files and tried a complete re-install of Flight SImulator. Nothing works! Can anyone help?!

I got this as my first addon for MSFS, personally I think it’s really good, just wondering if anyone has been able to use Simbrief or anything to add a flight plan that avoids the full ILS procedure in the sim? Currently all start over the airport then fly out. I can’t seem to add a way point or STAR that avoids doing this as yet?

The only thing I will say about MSFS and the addon, is the 23L seems to be used alot as an approach where in reality it is rarely used. Would be great if that could be changed.

Long awaited EGCC update forthcoming: Discord

3 Likes

And the sale just finished… oh, well…

Although probably best to wait to see exactly what they’ve done.

Still 10% off at Contrail…

If the update (re-work) is as extensive as described it will not surprise me at all if it is not a a free upgrade, and justifiably so. Maybe at best a discount price for existing purchasers, which I would gladly pay, and if it is as good as suggested I would not be complaining even at full price.

Indeed, but Macco have been promising these upgrades for a good while. I hope they do bring it up to current standards (the bumf suggests a release next year) as it will be an instant buy for me, irrespective of price.

1 Like

Their announcement implies that it is indeed a free update. They state the following: “Due to the sheer amount of work that is going to be done, we will be pushing updates on a regular basis, rather than waiting until we are finished.” Looks like free updates, rather than a v2 separate product.