Major FPS loss in any glass cockpit aircraft

Sorry in the OP you said you had a 3080, so that’s what I based my assumptions regarding you being broadly similar to my spec.

If you are playing at 4k ultra then the 3060 will definitely be struggling… I previously had a 3070 before trading up and had to run a little below native (I forget exactly but maybe 80% resolution slider) to get a smooth experience with good settings.

if you have 3060, try lowering the resolution to 1440p or 1080p with high settings. or set render scale to 50 or 75.

no wonder you have “limited by GPU” on 4k ultra settings.

3 Likes

I’ve tried lowing my resolution and my graphics but it’s still not smooth at all. I even put it to low-end to test it out and I still got under 20 fps when looking outside the windshield on the ground. In the air I can run ultra settings with 1440p and I get 20-30 fps. I am also getting “limited by RdrThread” now instead. I am not quite sure what to do.

When I zoom straight out of my windshield I get 40 fps. It’s the combination of the glass cockpit and the graphics outside on the ground which causes this in my opinion. Any more ideas?

I’m having the same issues. I have a medium/high end PC. My Graphic card is a little weak from what I been reading but nevertheless I’m still having your same issue. Only happens with FBW A320. I’ve reached out to the developer and they weren’t much help. They claim they run on ultra and it “works for them” no stutter or FPS drops. It’s frustrating. When you switch to external view are you seeing an increase in FPS?

I’ve tried lowering the cockpit refresh rate to low but its way too choppy that way and it didn’t improve at all. I didn’t see enough improvement to leave it at low setting. I need to try and lower my resolution to see if that works.

Also, what is your source on DX12 having its own thread for cockpit displays? If this is true, I feel like this will be a huge game changer. I can run most setting on high some on ultra, but not with glass cockpits.

The thing is I was running ultra at 40 fps perfectly before World Update 4. After that it all went down hill for no reason. I also have an increase in fps in external view. Especially on the top view for some reason, then I get the maximum fps I have it locked at (40). Basically I only have one choice now. Which is to play on high graphics and all smaller airports without much to render. Which is really annoying as I said earlier a couple weeks ago I ran at ultra at LAX and other major airports with big cities around them with no stutters at high fps. I hope the next update fixes this.

I think my issue must be something else as I can’t get more than 13 fps at a big airport even on low settings. It’s absolutely ridiculous. The only way I solve my problems in this game is to wait for the next sim update.

1 Like

SOLUTION: Optimal settings for Flight Simulator - Nvidia

I now get 60 FPS everywhere even at big airports.

Chek also

Coherent GT Draw and Performance decreasing during flight - Bugs & Issues / Install, Performance & Graphics - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.