Major issues with turbulence - seriously unrealistic!

Okies, I got it.
This week almost all days, its is expected to have high wind speed at FL200 - FL350 on and around San Francisco Area. You are using FBW Stable Version which has Greater Lift than Asobo a320 Flight Dynamics even without FADEC Engine. The wind speeds over the Area at FL 180 is 85 Kmph and FL350 is 105 Kmph which might cause Light Turbulence and Lift for FBW. The head wind is shifting through the route from different angles throughout the route. That’s why you felt FBW is having greater Lift and much Lighter.

you dont have more/less lift because of headwind/tailwind while airborn.
the plane is moving at the same speed in the mass of air. Only the ground speed will change

*you’ll have a change of lift with windshear though

@genbrien Sorry for my Bad English. I was explaining him why FBW feels like Kite as he Said. As the FBW Flight Dynamics has more Lift than Asobo a320’s, miner Turbulence caused by Wind Patterns cause FBW to feel as a Kite than Asobo a320.

That means, the minor Turbulence on FBW feels lighter and pronounced more than Asobo a320 at heavy wind Areas.

And it is not due to SIM having Real Weather Simulation.

Thanks everyone for participating in this thread and discussing these critical issues of the sim. It was unbelievable for me the even the obvious bug of the gusts being broken, wasn’t addressed in the last world update.
But even with that, I’ve realized what did got me tired, weary and frustrated above all - The sim keeps breaking on us, and the “root of all evil” are those forced updates!
We could live with regressions, having the patience needed to iron the issues…if at least we had the ability to choose the version of the sim, and not being forced.
I’ve opened a Q&A topic, hope it will be approved and get the attention. I got tired from posting in forums and issuing zendesk tickets… if that won’t addressed, I feel that those of us who want to fly the sim in a professional way will be endlessly frustrated. I hope MS/ASOBO will get us attention.

Thanks again!

UPDATE: Bummer… next Q&A has been finalized on friday…I will post it in the general discussion… a very last post for the foreseeable future for me…

1 Like

I take it you never play MMORPG or any other online games that uses online servers?

1 Like

of course I did, but too old for that nowadays :slight_smile:
Now seriously, that comparsion is really wrong, this is NOT the same nature of application nor it’s end users and use-cases. The built-in multiplayer aspect of the sim is a vary narrow one compared to MMORPG where you need to have a constantly world data to be synced across all players while they also contribute to those changes. I know exactly what I’m talking about as I’ve been developing software for 30 years and some of it were related to games and game engines.
I have made my point(s) clearly in the following topic:
Any plans to avoid FORCED updates and allowing us to rollback into an older version?

1 Like

Well, you’re free to apply to Asobo as a software developer and change things to the way you want it to. I’m sure they’ll appreciate your 30 years experience and lead them to have a better platform for all of us.

If you have a better idea on how the sim should be, I’m sure they appreciate the feedback and suggestion coming from you.

Thanks but I’m fine with my current job :slight_smile:
They obviously don’t need my advice on software development…
I just did gave my feedback as a user and as a such it’s a decision they need to embrace first, my point IT IS possible to allow us the flexiblity.
If you are ok with changes being forced without an option, then I can only envy your happiness…

1 Like

In that case, that’s the only thing we can do. We give feedback, and that’s it. We don’t really have the power to actually make the change, whether they take our feedback or not, that’s entirely out of our control. So either we are courageous enough to do things that we can control, or we have to accept the things that we can’t control. And have the wisdom to know the difference.

I’m a very adaptable person. I make myself happy in a situation I’m in. if the update is a choice, then I’ll end up choosing updates on day 1 all the time. If the update is forced without a choice, then it’s something I have to live with and make do with it. It’s not just the sim, but I make do with everything in life.

1 Like

LOL okay then…

Was flying the TBM over the Rockies last night and have to say that the turbulence was exactly what I would expect given the current weather conditions. I also haven’t had any moments where I thought it was overly unrealistic based my my real world experience.

1 Like

Yes, ridge lift still works. See the summary here : Major issues with turbulence - seriously unrealistic! - #70 by MarinaraTrain42
Can you try one of the other issues?
Can you fly into a thunderstorm and see how it goes? either a preset or one from badbadweather.com :: Thunderstorm

Why is the famous “light chop” missing from your table :crazy_face::joy:

1 Like

You mean this…

There it is :joy:, thats really an FAA thing…

Have to remember that on that side of the pond cars still have bonnets.

Took the Baron to YYJ this last weekend. Enroute over the Rockies I heard a pilot near YXS filing a turbulence PIREP. He told Centre, “…not sure I would call it chop. It was more like washboard.” :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Agree, Asobo should address this issue ASAP. Is there any place to vote for this issue?

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/no-cloud-turbulences-no-weather-turbulences-planes-seem-to-be-on-rail/350037

This is just one of the many. If you do a search you may find more.

If you (or anyone else) find duplicates of anything, please let the forum staff know. (Flag the duplicate as “Something else” and use the text box to send the main post to us. Or, send a message to @moderators – don’t @mention us because we don’t get those notifications.) We try hard to catch all duplicates but we need the community’s help to do it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.