Major performance issues with GPU usage even in menus

#pc

Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?

Microsoft Store

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No changes

Brief description of the issue:
There seems to be some significant performance issues with GPU usage, especially so during and after VR sessions. Even beforehand, just starting up MSFS results in a significant GPU usage rate into the 90% range (RTX 2060). There is literally no reason the GPU should be heavily utilized like this simply entering menus. It’s particular acute after a VR flight session - which in itself requires witchcraft to simply get it working. While we can understand high GPU (100% at times) usage during the game, after the VR session, the GPU is literally pegged at 100% doing absolutely nothing but sitting in a menu. When flying in VR it flatlines at 100%. No other game I have does this (COD, BF2042), nor even in X-Plane 11’s VR environment. I expect peaks and troughs in the performance but not flatlining. I realize MSFS has a lot more visual detail going on, however to have this occur in a MENU doing nothing suggests poor coding performance and/or potentially a race condition occurring.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Open MSFS - sit in menu and monitor GPU. Watch for very high utilization doing nothing. Start a VR session (if you can even get it working the first time around) and then exit back to menu. Watch GPU peg at 100%

PC specs and/or peripheral set up of relevant:
B550 Aorus board, AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT, 32GB RAM, nVIDIA RTX 2060 , m.2 1TB SSD

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
All recent builds including latest

Closed as duplicate of: