Make Autopilot have more authority

Can someone let me know which config files to modify to allow the basic autopilot more authority? I’ve seen it discussed before but unable to find it.

In a lot of addons the basic autopilot isn’t able to keep the plane on both proper VS and ILS GS. When you lower power settings the AP can’t handle it and the plane will begin to dive. Adjusting the AP config fixes this issue.

THanks for the help!

I have not run into this problem. I don’t know which config files to modify to allow the basic autopilot more authority?"

There is no way that “happens on a lot of add ons” unless it is supposed to happen. I have many add ons and they never have an issue if the aircraft and AP is setup correctly.

I think you need to give a lot of details or better yet, a video of what is happening and what you think should happen.

In answer to your question. I guess if you only have obscure and really poor quality free aircraft maybe editing the files might be needed. I don’t use those myself. In that case you would have to download the msfs SDK and learn about editing aircraft files. There is nothing you can do with the AP itself seeing it obviously works well with the default and payware aircraft.

it happens to at least 2 and has been heavily discussed in the Twin Otter forum. devs seem to leave the pitch values on default which doesn’t allow enough pitch and roll authority. some of these have been fixed, some have not. i actually just found a previous post of mine from a long time ago so i’ve answered my own questions :smiley:

I’m sorry, Dan. I’m afraid I can’t do that.

There are a few lines regarding AP authority, I believe in the aircraft.cfg. If you can’t find it there, just do some searching through all the CFG files in the otter directory. Use notepad++.

The AP files will be clearly labeled, and with some trial and error it’ll be easy to figure out. I’m in my office today so I can’t check for you, but when I get some time I’ll poke around and get back to you.

seems to be in the ai.cfg