Make glass cockpit instruments undockable with controls included

soooooooooooooooo… which is it? What’s the command?

Alt + Left Click

But as per the OP, popping them out serves no purpose with the controls attached.

2 Likes

Popped out and popped out with functional buttons and knobs are two totally different things. If they made pop outs with controls there would be some really sad 3rd party software and hardware developers. For the time being popping out as it is today tanks my FPS.

1 Like

its right alt… left didnt work… hover over the display with ur mouse and hold right alt key. ur curser with turn to + then left click ur mouse. only works on some aircraft.

Please Asobo
Could you please add the buttons to handle the windowed screens? is it in the roadmap maybe? I could´t see it. It would be a great advance to operate through these.

keep up the great job!

1 Like

Yes! Voted!

1 Like

Yeah popping out the displays really hurts FPS, I get about a 25% drop. But it is so nice to put my PFD on my ipad below my monitor, its worth it. I really hope they can get the fps drop fixed sooner rather than later. Hopefully the “glass cockpit performance improvement” in the next update address the issue.

Edit: The update did nothing to help the issue :frowning:

Yeah, popping out the PFD during a hand flown instrument approach is worth any frame rate penalty. It’s nice just to pop it out and put the nav display on a second or third monitor for easier viewing

1 Like

I actually just grabbed a spare 10" android tablet I have and installed a free app called Spacedesk on it. Turns the tablet in to a wired or wireless second display for my pc. Tablet has now been repurposed as a permanent PFD that just sits between my keyboard and monitor in front of me. Perfect size too.

Everything is connected and I can move the panel to the android tablet, but I can’t use the touch screen on the tablet. I can only view!! Any way to do something so I can touch the screen like changing radio frequencies?

By doing this I gain 25 to 30 FPS!!! I use “spacedesk driver” works great! Just can’t do the touch screen!

If you are getting your FPS number from a third party tool when popping out a display it is wrong. The third party tool is probably tracking the FPS of the popped out display only. To get the real number turn on “Display FPS” within the MSFS development options. You will see a big drop when popping out a display.

1 Like

OK, thanks didn’t know that. But what I know is this, the sim runs way more smooth and I could increase graphics.

1 Like

So irritating when you pop out an instrument it does not take the controls/buttons with it, … FSX did this and opened up endless possibilities for cockpit design, utilizing small screens and gages…PLEASE do this Thanks.

2 Likes

This is what I’ve been looking for.

1 Like

I would like to see cockpit instruments able to be popped out into separate windows so they can be interacted with using keyboard and mouse more reliably. As of now, we can pop out individual instrument displays and place them in their own window. This is useful for seeing a larger, still version of say Garmin navigation data, or any of the glass cockpit displays, but these cannot be interacted with. I would like the ability to have the instruments pop out, with their associated controls so that one could program a flight computer without have to change views, or fight with lining the mouse up appropriately on an autopilot dial, due to a little bit of turbulence and/or very narrow input windows.

2 Likes

Please, are you working for pop up windos, cdu WITH KEYS, and unlocked new windows for home cockpits simulator with many monitors?

Is posible, on the future?

1 Like

Good luck but I’m pretty sure they said in a video that the answer is “no”.

2d displays were originally to support the ancient graphics cards that most of us had at the time that didn’t have the performance to do 3d well. So back then it was a required feature. I’d bet that cockpit builders are super tiny subset of users so I’m not sure it make sense to spend the time and money on it these days when there is so much else they need to do for everyone.

Couple that with the fact that you can buy 3rd part apps that give you many of the panels you need or lets you build your own. I can’t see it happening for a very long time, if ever. But, I could be wrong.

When you pop out the Gps Garmin it only shows the screen and not the controls , so you can’t make any adjustments on the pop out instrument. Also if you move it to the second monitor you loose control of your input device that’s flying the aircraft.

This controls should be included and functional with all pop out windows. They could also be included as New View menu option in the Cameras drop down.

1 Like