Make glass cockpit instruments undockable with controls included

If you are getting your FPS number from a third party tool when popping out a display it is wrong. The third party tool is probably tracking the FPS of the popped out display only. To get the real number turn on “Display FPS” within the MSFS development options. You will see a big drop when popping out a display.

1 Like

OK, thanks didn’t know that. But what I know is this, the sim runs way more smooth and I could increase graphics.

1 Like

So irritating when you pop out an instrument it does not take the controls/buttons with it, … FSX did this and opened up endless possibilities for cockpit design, utilizing small screens and gages…PLEASE do this Thanks.

2 Likes

This is what I’ve been looking for.

1 Like

I would like to see cockpit instruments able to be popped out into separate windows so they can be interacted with using keyboard and mouse more reliably. As of now, we can pop out individual instrument displays and place them in their own window. This is useful for seeing a larger, still version of say Garmin navigation data, or any of the glass cockpit displays, but these cannot be interacted with. I would like the ability to have the instruments pop out, with their associated controls so that one could program a flight computer without have to change views, or fight with lining the mouse up appropriately on an autopilot dial, due to a little bit of turbulence and/or very narrow input windows.

2 Likes

Please, are you working for pop up windos, cdu WITH KEYS, and unlocked new windows for home cockpits simulator with many monitors?

Is posible, on the future?

1 Like

Good luck but I’m pretty sure they said in a video that the answer is “no”.

2d displays were originally to support the ancient graphics cards that most of us had at the time that didn’t have the performance to do 3d well. So back then it was a required feature. I’d bet that cockpit builders are super tiny subset of users so I’m not sure it make sense to spend the time and money on it these days when there is so much else they need to do for everyone.

Couple that with the fact that you can buy 3rd part apps that give you many of the panels you need or lets you build your own. I can’t see it happening for a very long time, if ever. But, I could be wrong.

When you pop out the Gps Garmin it only shows the screen and not the controls , so you can’t make any adjustments on the pop out instrument. Also if you move it to the second monitor you loose control of your input device that’s flying the aircraft.

This controls should be included and functional with all pop out windows. They could also be included as New View menu option in the Cameras drop down.

1 Like

This would come in so handy for me.

2 Likes

I totally agree, but at least the PFD and MFD can be put in a small monitor. When I get them there I press atl enter to make them full screen. I use 10 inch 1920x1080 hdmi monitors from amazon for about $90

1 Like

I definitely see the usefulness for people who want to move it out to another monitor. But I also hope that this would be implemented as a second pop-out option on top of the one that already exists. Anyone who owns a Virtual Fly or RealSimGear G1000 relies on the screen to pop out without controls attached.

Good point, I realize that some situations rely in pop outs without. If they make pop out options it could be done with and without as an option.

1 Like

What I like that it has FSX and it does not have FS20, are the pop-up windows of the instruments. Like the power levers, flasp, buttons of the upper and central consoles. And FS20 only leaves the info box windows. Okay, but I like better how they could do it in FSX. It would be nice if FS20 continued with that idea and the possibility of putting these commands in pop-up windows.

2 Likes

You could use ALT GR and pressing on those parts that are ready tot pop-up (PFD/ND)

I have just moved from xplane to FS20 and have multiple monitors and iPads which worked great with pop out windows, however I would like to do the same with FS20 and have whole of the Mcdu pop out not just the screen, do you know if anything will be happening
Thanks using multiple Arduino with mobiflight and will be building in all the switches for overhead and engine startup

3 Likes

Dear Asobo
I love the sim but please add fully interactive pop out windows for PFD , MFD and other areas of cockpit instrumentation like in XP11. Unfortunately the current option of using Right Alt and mouse click to open these windows does not work very well as you cant press buttons, operate switches or rotary knobs like you can on XP11.
This really needs to be done to help TrackIR users especially.

3 Likes

You can do it by pressing AltGr (Right Alt) and left click!

Yes I know that but that is an inferior option compared to the functionality available in XP11 which also brings out all the relevant buttons and rotary knobs so that you can interact with them more easily.

1 Like

Please add the Interactive Pop Up Instruments (PFD, MFD)( Xplane Style)as flying IFR is really difficult without those.
Turning the knobs on a PFD, in the actual state, is annoyingly difficult.
Turning knobs during an IFR flight should be easy and smooth and I can only see it done with these Interactive Pop Up Panels.

1 Like

I know it’s probably been said, but turning a knob with the cockpit moving during normal flight or banking (let alone any minor turbulence) is very difficult. Plus, the popup label of the knob often gets in the way. What a terrible interface compared to past sims where things stayed put or had 2D cockpits. It needs to be fixed. Yet I don’t even see it on the Wish List!! Did anyone there actually try flying these planes? I just don’t understand how anyone could have thought it was OK.

2 Likes