Make glass cockpit instruments undockable with controls included

You could use ALT GR and pressing on those parts that are ready tot pop-up (PFD/ND)

I have just moved from xplane to FS20 and have multiple monitors and iPads which worked great with pop out windows, however I would like to do the same with FS20 and have whole of the Mcdu pop out not just the screen, do you know if anything will be happening
Thanks using multiple Arduino with mobiflight and will be building in all the switches for overhead and engine startup

3 Likes

Dear Asobo
I love the sim but please add fully interactive pop out windows for PFD , MFD and other areas of cockpit instrumentation like in XP11. Unfortunately the current option of using Right Alt and mouse click to open these windows does not work very well as you cant press buttons, operate switches or rotary knobs like you can on XP11.
This really needs to be done to help TrackIR users especially.

3 Likes

You can do it by pressing AltGr (Right Alt) and left click!

Yes I know that but that is an inferior option compared to the functionality available in XP11 which also brings out all the relevant buttons and rotary knobs so that you can interact with them more easily.

1 Like

Please add the Interactive Pop Up Instruments (PFD, MFD)( Xplane Style)as flying IFR is really difficult without those.
Turning the knobs on a PFD, in the actual state, is annoyingly difficult.
Turning knobs during an IFR flight should be easy and smooth and I can only see it done with these Interactive Pop Up Panels.

1 Like

I know it’s probably been said, but turning a knob with the cockpit moving during normal flight or banking (let alone any minor turbulence) is very difficult. Plus, the popup label of the knob often gets in the way. What a terrible interface compared to past sims where things stayed put or had 2D cockpits. It needs to be fixed. Yet I don’t even see it on the Wish List!! Did anyone there actually try flying these planes? I just don’t understand how anyone could have thought it was OK.

2 Likes

That is totally crazy and impossible to do…i quit before i start…

I can’t believe that this has only 70 votes.
This should be in the top of the list!
Is this sim used only to watch the Eiffel tower??

1 Like

It would be great, if it was possible to make panels like FMC to be 2D and detachable, so we could move them to another screen (touchscreen for example).

1 Like

I really miss the pop out panels with controls from FSX. I’d like to throw my vote in to have this feature in MSFS.

3 Likes

Use home cockpit mode. From pilot perspective the world view moves relative to the plane, not the plane moving in relation to world. That’s how it looks IRL and cockpit does not bob around. Try it to see what I mean.

As things stand, popping out a glass display screen costs my system 20fps. Popping out a second display makes little difference more.

Unless this slowdown is addressed, having buttons pop out too would be academic for me. They’re already available using Air Manager and a bit of configuration. But the fps hit is too much of a price to pay.

Let’s hope that next week sees a change…

2 Likes

I don’t understand what you mean… “use home cockpit mode”. There is no home cockpit mode in msfs2020. That is the problem. Unless you are trying to say that it SHOULD be that way. You are correct- the cockpit should not be “bobbing” around. But msfs2020 has no way to avoid it. This was a MAJOR error in programming the sim. You have all these knobs and switches in a 3D cockpit and they are often not stationary! Forget even trying to control anything if you have turbulence! I sometimes really have to wonder how anyone who tested this sim pre-release could have found this acceptable. Oh wait! It looks great! We’ll deal with that “minor” stuff later. :joy:

Yes there is, it is in the settings: GENERAL OPTIONS > CAMERA > COCKPIT CAMERA > HOME COCKPIT MODE. Give it a try. It may not be exactually what you want but i find it much better than the default mode and I use it all the time.

I will check it out… thx!

I’m in General Options>Camera>Cockpit Camera… I just have Close, Wide Angle, Landing as my choices… any more hints? Wait!!! I found it…had to scroll down…

Home Cockpit Mode does help keep the cockpit stationary- very nice. But it also prevents zooming in and out or looking around using the mouse wheel, which is needed in 3D cockpits. Not a great workaround as switches and buttons remain tiny and difficult to use in 3D Cockpits. If we could still zoom and scan with the mouse, AND have a non-bobbing cockpit, THAT would be a solution.

I have zoom and pan functions mapped to controls on my Thrustmaster TCWS, no problem. Maybe take a look at your camera mappings for mouse.

I also use TrackIR.

1 Like

I’ve tried it, several times. I can’t see that it makes any difference to anything. Is there some other setting to enable?