Make it impossible to spawn on runway in Live mode

Simple enough- its a big hit to realism when you’re on short final and someone spawns in front of you.

13 Likes

I have moved your thread to the #self-service:wishlist category.

Personally, I am all for this idea! At least on the realistic multiplayer mode that forces real weather, real-time etc.

17 Likes

thats a great idea. :slight_smile:
also i had few players spawns on runway while on short final.

5 Likes

All for it. It’s a nuisance when you’ve entered final seeing a plane (sometimes more) spawn on the runway. I’d be all for even sticking them on a taxiway adjacent the runway.

5 Likes

Fully support this idea!!! +1

2 Likes

Agreed, I’d love this to be added and has my full support! Really frustrating when planes spawn when you are on final and when taking off and another spawns. Much needed feature and a step closer to realism.

2 Likes

I agreed…

1 Like

I agree too

1 Like

When choosing a departure airport, it should default to a parking spot, not a runway.

Several times now I’ve found myself sitting at the hold short waiting to see if the guy “parked” on the runway is actually going to take off. The first time I encountered this, I must have sat there waiting for him to move for 10 minutes. Now I just taxi around anyone who’s clearly just sitting on the runway. You’d think common courtesy would prevent folks from doing this in a multiplayer simulation but that’s probably a bit much to expect. So I propose the default behavior of the flight planner should be to start people at a gate, ramp, parking-spot, tie-down etc. Anything other than on the runway.

Another solution to this issue might be to make player aircraft invisible when they first spawn into the World. And then not until they release the parking brake or start rolling do they appear to the rest of us. Probably no need to do this when in group mode but when flying in the general population, don’t make people visible if they spawned on a runway until they are actually taking off. Or perhaps better yet, not until they’ve departed?

Sure not everyone knows or cares about proper procedure which is fine but if we’re to coexist happily together, the sim shouldn’t encourage sitting on the runway while others are waiting to use it.

9 Likes

The simulator should never allow spawning directly on the RWY when in multiplayer, or at least makes this an option, not the default.

It is really annoying to be on final and see an aircraft popping up from nowhere right in the middle of the runway right where you’re about to land.

9 Likes

I agreed :+1:t2:

1 Like

100% agree! Great idea!

1 Like

Did the patch just add a cinematic to your flight when you choose start on runway. Depending on the airport, you now get to watch your aircraft taxi onto the runway before you click the second “begin flight” button. That’s probably not good if they’ve just spent time creating that.

That’s been there for ages.

1 Like

I did noticed the cinematic sequence before but maybe it was just the airports I was frequenting as that seemed to be just random views of the airplane sitting on the runway. Hadn’t noticed it actually taxiing before. You’re saying the taxiing has been around for ages?

I’m sick and tired of being told to go around as the game has spawned someone on the runway who just sits there.

Solution is to still allow people to spawn on the runway (makes it easier for people to access this game, MSFS should be for all). However, you are invisible to other pilots if you do this until you have reached 1,000ft and have a seperation of at least 5 nm to any other player.

That way people can spawn on the runway for a quick flight but don’t get in the way of those already flying/on final.

3 Likes

You’d need to allow a load with engines started on a stand/gate/parking spot though, for those that only load on the runway because they’d be ready to go

2 Likes

In single player mode I like to start on the runway, but this is no harm. In multiplayer mode I support the “occupy the runway as short as possible”. So is it done in real live - at least at airports having traffic.
I don’t think that Asobo will build a parking position management system and place “new spawns” at the next free parking position. Many real airports still do parking position management with human brains, pen and paper …

1 Like

This might be hard to do. However, spawning people on the taxiway at the runway threshold is much better. Whatever the number of people spawning there, it won’t interfere with runway operations, let alone preventing the nastier to get a false sense of ‘owning’ the runway.

1 Like

I think spawning on the taxiway will create much the same issue with pilots not moving as it does on the runway.
It would remove parked planes from the runway allowing you to land/take off but then there would be the issues of actually entering and leaving the runway. Potential long queues of stationary planes at the threshold.