Make VNAV work

Hi, it would be great to be able to use VNAV in a proper way. Selecting altitude for different waypoints in the PFD for example using the G3000 serves no purpose since VNAV doesn’t work. VNAV approaches don’t work the right way since we have to use the Approach switch instead of the VNAV function as it actually works in real life.
It would be nice to be able to previously select altitude for each waypoint when creating a flight plan before launching, and these to be automatically imported to the aircraft system as an integral part of the flight plan.

Hope this comes to life some day, cheers!

Have you tried the CJ4 from Working Title? This replaces the stock CJ4 and has working VNAV.

2 Likes

I think the fact we only have one aircraft in the entire MSFS fleet, payware and freeware, that has some kind of plausible VNAV speaks volumes about the sophistication of the sim a year after release…

3 Likes

Umm, I’m using VNAV every day with the Garmin 1000Nxi mod, free in the Marketplace, by Working Title. Version 0.3.0.

Try it out… I’m currently flying the C172 and loving it. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi @WilliamRiker270!

I’ve closed this topic because as others have mentioned VNAV isn’t yet implemented in the default aircraft, so it’s not a bug as such with the current systems.

There’s a wishlist item about prioritising VNAV systems in airliners, so you may want to vote/contribute to that thread. For other aircraft, as others have mentioned Working Title is collaborating with MS/Asobo on the Garmin systems for the default aircraft.

Thanks!