Making it really difficult to enjoy this "sim"

You can always use another sim and buy a lot of 3rd party that fix the sim for atc, weather, scenery, airports, AI aircraft, aircraft etc…to reach 1000$ +

5 Likes

That’s no solution!
It would cost you thousands and still not look as good.
We just need to allow the sim to mature is all.
It’s patience that’s required here, not money.

4 Likes

My computer is a pile of not so state-of-the-art random parts. It runs MSFS righteously well at mostly high settings, with a few ultras dropped in for effect. That comes from 40+ years of knowing how to set up a box.

2 Likes

Haha. “righteously well”! Should be added as a new performance catagory.

3 Likes

They did the graphics right, maybe not perfect but the sim / game whatever you wanna call it still looks better than anything else on the market.

Everything else is a nightmare indeed, but it is what it is. It is released (too early), they can’t pull it back anymore. We need to keep pushing for a better sim. Complaining without constructive posts is not gonna do that.

But I agree, if you are serious about flight simulation you can’t be satisfied with the current condition of MSFS. I made a long list of (basic) issues which need fixing:

1 Like

I think, my friend, that we have already had this conversation.
We just need patience. This won’t happen overnight!

If one is serious about flight simulation, should know what flight simulators are like at this stage of their lifetime. Which means they should be extremely satisfied by the fact that this is way better than anything else at a comparable point, and not by a small margin.

If one is at their first rodeo, then that’s another matter.

1 Like

Agreed and some more letters to come up to 10 characters :upside_down_face:

1 Like

They recently improved the earths surface. It looks much better lately. Check US coastlines. Tree density/ height. More like real life

Well opinions are opinions. The graphics are a leap forward the rest of the sim not so much. Some basic aeronautical principles are flawed or plain wrong (read my post), MSFS in the current state from a simulation perspective is no better than FSX. Not saying it will never get there, I’m talking about the current state. Time will tell…

1 Like

I’d say your memories of FSX (or any other major sim at that, if we want to be kind and call something that sold 20-30k copies “major”) 4 months after release are very, very blurry.

I’m not so sure about that. Did you read my post? (I have to warn you, its a long one) most of which were available and properly working upon release of FSX. If you are talking about the graphics then sure, MSFS is lightyears ahead of anything else. Flight model wise, systems etc. I’m not so sure…

1 Like

Yes. I’ve read it. It’s a handy collection of nitpicks, which no doubt you repeat every time someone makes a thread like this because they think their grievances are so very special that they need their very own thread. Again, your memories of FSX near launch are very, very blurry.

Well lets agree to disagree. If you call problems with the flight model a “nitpick” then I don’t know what to tell you. Some people are interested in the nice visuals, some are not. If you take the nice visuals away there isn’t much to be excited about.

I’m sure we all have the same agenda, which is a better simulator. Being an Asobo fanboy does not help things moving forward, neither does complaining without constructive posts. Yes I keeping pushing those items, both on the forum and via Zendek, voting is appreciated :clinking_glasses:.

1 Like

Considering the level of maturity of the sim, and comparing with the historical situation of other sims, yes. They’re nitpicks. Considering update pacing and resources, they will be fixed faster than they have been in other sims (those that have actually been fixed, which is far from all).

Incidentally, bringing some perspective to the table doesn’t mean being a “fanboy” but some love to use that word to dismiss a realistic perspective, because realism hinders their narrative.

You call them nitpicks, I call them basics any flight simulator should have (and by the way had on release from FS2000 onward).

I’m just pointing out both extremes, you took that “fanboy” comment personal.

1 Like

Sure man. It totally wasn’t personal. :joy:

If you call them “basics” good luck finding simulators that do those right out of the box at release. I’m sure you’ll be still there looking a few decades for now. Looks like your memories of FS2000, 2002, and 2004 at launch are as blurry as those of FSX.

I see a lot of petty nitpicking in this post, and truly, it takes a lot of effort into making a post solely focusing on negativity. Yep, is it the best sim out of the box, 4 months past launch? Nope. Is the sim out of the box trying to provide more of a platform than any other flight sim has attempted to do? Sure. Are some things sideways? Yeah. Are the many teams involved with the project passionate and working constantly to address the bugs and issues? You’d be blind or outright ignorant to say no, and that is probably the most important question you needed to ask and have answered.

Yes, it was a massive undertaking to launch MSFS and probably even more so to maintain the thousands of various bug and feedback reports, but I can’t see the constructiveness in this post in so much that you merely point out things you claim are “broken” without following up with some feedback on why it is so. I’m not disagreeing and saying some of these facets are not working as intended, but there are other threads that expand on the issues and say volumes more than what you’ve managed to scrounge up here. I would suggest you add to those posts instead, utilizing the search function, and adding a little ‘meat to the bones’ to further your points.

As it stands, this thread is neither constructive nor helpful in a manner pertaining to posts that ought to be constructive in nature - negative or positive. I’d advise you to take a moment and follow up on an existing thread (many reiterating the same points here) with more details.

All the best, and happy holidays

3 Likes