Malware warning when installing mandatory update after sim reinstall

Now update to Security Intelligence for Microsoft Defender Antivirus to KB2267602 (version 1.385.672.0) or higher.

The warning about Trojan:Script/Wacatac.H!ml disappears!!!

Antimalware updates change log - Microsoft Security Intelligence

Trojan:Script/Wacatac.H!ml threat description - Microsoft Security Intelligence

3 Likes

Windows Update available this evening fixed it for me, thanks!

3 Likes

Same here!

2 Likes

I just bought MSFS on Steam yesterday, installed it, didnā€™t have a chance to play and then went to play it this morning. Got this update with this virus warning, found this thread here. I updated Windows, but my game will not launch now, assuming due to Windows deleting the questionable file. Since Steam only installs the launcher, I canā€™t use ā€œverify filesā€ to replace it. How do I fix this?

If I may ask. And since it is MY data on the line, i think i can. Being that both, the OS and Windows Defender, are made by MS, as is flight sim. What do you mean with ā€œmitigatedā€ Is MS just allowing the Trojan through windows defender? Or was it a false positive, and if so why a Trojan? Malware, sure fine. TROJAN, NOT OK. being this game is stupid expensive, getting a notice stating that official MS software has a Trojan allowing a back door in as not cool. PERIOD.

1 Like

It was a false positive that has been corrected in the latest defender definition update.

1 Like