Manipulators increase in latency and FPS decrease at High Altitudes

where are you flying when you encountered this?

i was flying between CYQB and CYYZ…during night…on vatsim…i try to put the car boat and other traffic off nothing change…

I tried to replicate that flight, here’s what I got

From

To

yes samethins…every route i fly a have the same problem…

Welp.

Solution: Windows Reset

Restored my PC to its previous configuration step by step (Program Installs and Drivers) after resetting Windows 11, and to test after each install to see what has caused it, but to no avail.

There’s another topic where they are enthusiastic about a registry setting, which seems to help quite some people. Could some of you try it out to see if it works?

1 Like

Can confirm after doing this fix I’m playing flight sim as advertised, untill this new connection problem is now in play

1 Like

Did this actually resolve the high altitude performance bug for you? I’m having the same issue and trying to avoid a full windows reinstall. So frustrating.

What fix are you referring to?

for me it is helping a bit but not enough, they realy have to fix that problem…

For the record, I just bit the bullet and upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11 last night and this resolved this problem for me and gained me a few more FPS in general. It seems Asobo is optimizing for Windows 11 now as 10 is being deprecated. I would advise anyone having this issue to upgrade.

1 Like

it isnt happening at all when i fly SEQM-SKCC or vice versa, this scenery seams not “optimized” yet…

thx for the tip but not shure if i update to 11 soon…

Thx again for the tip, i installed Windows 11 and the problem is gone now :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Great to hear! I opened a ticket and informed Zendesk of this, such a strange issue but seems like they must be testing and optimizing for W11 at this point. Happy flying.

How was this solved if ever? @avgeeek

this is me after SU10

I have to click 10 times to choose something

I experinced the same high manipulators today. After 40 minutes out of Bosten … Ahhhrggg … Wondering what the trigger is cause I had a lot of flights with the same aircraft after SU 10 and the other one ?!?

What are the manipulators good for?

greets Klaus

We are the unlucky ones :thinking: :shushing_face:
I have uninstalled the simulator and these are my manipulators fresh from the store no addons no free content.

For those still experiencing this issue… It’s BACK! This time after SU12, and I’ve had the pleasure to be affected by this now for the first time ever.

Threads here:

and here:

Just a quick experiment for those affected:

Updated the Fenix A320 and decided to do a longer flight than usual. Going from Munich to Tromsø, taking me round about 3 hours. I’m flying offline no traffic involved and started with round about 55 fps.
I arrived with 42 fps which made me already wonder as Tromsø is stock scenery for me and EDDM should be rather heavier on frames as it is the Aerosoft 3rd party developer variant.
Nevertheless, I turned around and now I’m on my way back and get the worst performance I’ve ever experienced . I’m in CRZ at FL350 and get 25 FPS

I’ve never seen that the Manipulators reaction speed went nuts and got above 10 ms but it is getting worse and worse.

Temps on the CPU are high, as I’m sitting in a room with 30° at the moment, but that shouldn’t cause thermal throttling or anything else.

I’m running on W10 64x
7800x3D
3080RTX
32GB DDR5 @6000 MHz

I’ve got some stuff in the community folder - mostly being 3rd party airplanes and scenery and according liveries.
The only solution present in the moment is get rid of all those and just fly with stock sim & airplane or to reinstall all of the content being inside the folder?
I scan frequently for updates so that there is no out of date crawling around.

Edit:
I’m now above the northern sea between Sweden and Danmark - with only water beneath my aircraft the FPS went back to regular values without me doing anything.
Let’s see if the issue returns when above mainland again…

Edit #2:
yep - as I expected :frowning:

Edit #3:
so - this are my frames back on the ground in EDDM …
Not a single frame lost in comparison to my starting situation.
It really seems, something killed my frames in Norway to be around 40 and then massivly while being on CRZ