Manual cache never completes during creation

I go into settings to create the manual cache & set a size e.g. 10GB. However when it starts creating the process never completes. I have left it for hours. Also, i never see the file appear in the location set.

It’s a known issue, see this linked article.

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016027399-KNOWN-ISSUES-Last-modified-Feb-18-2021-

The sim doesn’t crash to desktop as stated in that known issue. It just sits there with the progress indicator spinning forever. Also that known issue is about a CTD when using the manual cache. That’s not the same issue at all.

Manual cache is broken period. Wait for the fix. It won’t come likely with Sim Update 3, so it’s further down the road.

You can take the risk to End-Task MSFS and restart.

It may or may not show a 10GB cache complete in menu.

It may or may not show a 10GB cache file using Windows Explorer.

It may or may not work. It may even hang up just trying to paint an area to populate the cache.

Your call.

thanks. sounds like it should just not bother with it for a while.

I would let it be until they address it.

The performance at August launch was horrid. Things improved a little through the two week pushes in Q4, but they never really resolved what we think is a memory leak as you added more and more individual map caches over time, or tried to make one big cache at a HQ level. After a while, things just slow to a crawl in the menus and the paint screen.