Manual Cache setup disabled

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and add-ons?

no

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

ebveloper mode yes, no changes

Brief description of the issue:

don’t seem to be able to define a manual cache, rolling cache is fine. My setup doesn’t use the standard location, but manual cache screen shows a location within appdata with size of 0

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Same problem here.

Yes

In Options->Data
I have both bing and photogrammetry set to ON
Further down the same menu section I have rolling cache set to ON, Rolling cage limit set to 100GB and Rolling Cache Path set to msfs directory/CACHE
When I click on Manual Cache->View I see the map, but all options there are greyed out, and Cache Location is different from the one I set in Options-> Data menu.

2 Likes

I also have the exact same problem! No solution?

Yes

I’m having the same issue. I just deleted the MANUALCACHE.CCC file manually from windows explorer in order to recreate my cache from scratch, but now everything is greyed out, and a new manual cache file will not regenerate when I restart the sim.

Other people with this problem - do you have this MANUALCACHE.CCC file in your LocalCache folder?

2 Likes

Same problem, I do not now how to solve it.

1 Like

Yes

Noticed that the rolling cache folder does not match the folder listed in the manual cache UI.

Screenshot 2022-11-20 180653

1 Like

The first image refers to the Manual Cache, the second image refers to the Rolling Cache.

Not sure I understand- second image is mine, it refers to Manual Cache (Rolling cache seems to work OK for me).

I found a method that has allowed me to start caching regions again, here what I did:

My problem arose when I deleted the MANUALCACHE.CCC file, and the sim wouldn’t generate a new one, and the manual cache options were all greyed out. I still had a rolling cache file, so I copied and pasted that into the same folder, then renamed it MANUALCACHE.CCC

Now the program is allowing me to save new areas, but it’s not allowing me to change the size of the manual cache, it is stuck at 60GB which is the size of the rolling cache file that I copied.

I do have MANUALCACHE.CCC file present, but I still cannot do anything. Everything greyed out.

1 Like

This is how I solved this problem.
1- Create ROLLINGCACHE (We gonna copy…so this size has to be the size you want your MANUALCACHE to be) I set mine to 100GB
In the Rollingcache location, I set mine to c:\fs2020/Cache…this is where the ROLLINGCACHE.CCC will be stored. EXIT the flight sim after you create the rolling cache.
After you set the rolling cache size, and set the location of your choosing, Go into that location and rename the ROLLINGCACHE.CCC to MANUALCACHE.CCC.
Have two file explorer windows open…One with the renamed MANUALCACHE.CCC and the other
C:\Users\YOURNAMEl\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache
or wherever your localcache is…
With the two window explorer folders open side by side…Grab the MANUALCACHE.CCC and drop it into the localcache. This is not a copy paste. It is a move.
When done…start the sim…go option/general options/data section…the sim will create a default rollingcache of size 8 GB. You can increase the rollingcace momeory if 8GB isnt enough. .Now click the view manual cache view option and you have 100GB manual cache greying gone and working, modify cache and cache new region working…
Cheers.

4 Likes

Try deleting your current manualcache.ccc file, then copy → paste → rename your rollingcache.ccc file, then restart the sim

That worked, kind of.
So I could finally cache a new region (big progress), but I still cannot change location nor size (other than using rolling cage method to make a new one and then paste into manual cache location). The biggest issue is that I cannot change location.

Clicking “Modify Cache” changes nothing (nothing happens).

Having this same issue also. I tried the above but I couldn’t find any LocalCache folder in either the place mentioned, or anywhere near it, so I’m unable to actually check if it works :frowning:

Also, on the manual cache page, the cache location is grey out (unmodifiable), and crops at \appdata\roaming\micro… so I don’t know where it is, nor can I change it.

Anyone else found a another workaround? I’ve tried deleting/recreating my rolling cache, using various sizes, several times, and restarting, etc. No joy.

In my case it was:
C:\Users\MYUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator

(I am talking about Manual Cache location, Rolling Cache location will be where you set it up in Data options)

Same problem here. MANUAL Cache greyed out.
can´t change folder or cache size
C:\Users\MYUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator
So annoying with each update some of old errors gone and new errors occure.

Sounds like this is a (now) known bug that has been reported:

Subject: cannot-change-the-manual-cache-location/558130/2 (sorry, I’m not allowed to post links).

Happening to me too.

1 Like