Map of all Points of Interest, 3D Cities and Hand-Crafted Airports (w/ World Update #16 Caribbean)

You sir are a god among men.

Wow - just stumbled on this. I REALLY hope this can remain updated. Thank you for your effort to create this map!

Hello folks.

I have now updated the map to include all of the new airports and points of interest included in World Update #2, USA.

One of the new points of interest is the Kennedy Space Center visitor’s center. Asobo did a great job at recreating the visitors center. However, to my surprise, they did not add the VAB (one of the largest buildings by volume on the planet) or any of the launch complexes around Kennedy.

So if you haven’t done so, I highly recommend getting my free addon to compliment the area:

4 Likes

Thanks! Excellent map for deciding where to fly!

If I can make one request, if possible, might be nice if the US World Update areas of aerial imagery upgrades could be another layer added to the map???

I installed the World USA update this morning. Then rebooted my computer. I have ULTRA settings everywhere, and my computer is very capable at those settings. I am NOT seeing any improvement in actual Points of Interest anywhere as depicted in the released video from Microsoft. My US Capital building has no dome. Washington Monument looks like an office building. No carvings on Mr. Rushmore. Monument Valley looks nothing like the video, etc, etc. Anyone have an idea why? Are there new settings that I need to address. If this is wrong spot for this post, please point me in the right direction. Thanks.

did you go into market place and find the usa update its under payware buts its free and it is a 4.5 gig download and install.

Thanks for the update! A heads up though, the Chimney Rock POI is actually in Nebraska not Colorado as you have indicated on the map. There are several formations in the US that have that name so its an easy mistake. Thanks for the excellent work!

Fixed. Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is a great tool! I came here because I was wondering if I missed something as Assembly building and launchpad were not there. Visitor center is incredible, as you said. Thank you for creating this map and add-ons for Kennedy Space Center. It will make those flights around there more fun

Thank you for your suggestion. I know what you are talking about but unfortunately there is no easy quick way to import the demarcation lines into shapes from what Asobo showed us from that map showing what areas were improved or updated.

I just updated the map again to include what was announced in the Q&A live stream today on what airports will be added on World Update #3 which will be United Kingdom and Ireland. From what I could understand I think I got all of them correct. Please correct me if I am wrong. Timestamp of them talking about the update is around 45:30 minutes into the twitch stream.

Going forward soon I’ll have to merge some of the layers on the map because there is a hard limit of 10 layers unfortunately.

Maybe FlightSim has seen the future. VAB before the update (a massive unbranded warehouse) …

VAB after the update (a flattened warehouse) …

SpaceX is still there though, clearly taken on all the space contracts!

I smell a cover up!!! :thinking: :shushing_face: :scream: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

What a fantastic map, great job ! I have been using it quite a bit. I have been looking for a way of printing out all of the listed separate items, or better still exporting them to a spreadsheet, so that I can keep track of all the items I have visited. Is this easily possible ? Thanks

That’s a great idea. Had to go thru some hoops and found a way to export the raw data. You can download it from here: mygeodata (11-26-20).zip - Google Drive

Let me know if it was useful. :slight_smile:

Certainly it is useful, I have combined all the separate spreadsheets into one with multiple sheets, so now a single point of reference. Thank you.

I was hoping that I could initiate an extract from the map, so that I don’t have to bug you when more POI are added (e.g. the UK update), but that doesn’t seem possible. Anyway I have plenty to go on for the moment :grinning:

@AcktuNasrabi this is a very useful map, thank you for creating it and keeping it up to date!

1 Like

Good info. Must have taken a while.
This will help me, no end, when I start the first of my round the world flights.
Very many thanks.

1 Like

Hi folks.

I have updated the preview layer of World Update #3 (UK & Ireland) with the confirmed 3D Photogrammetry cities and the POIs that have been recently confirmed. When the final list of POI is released I’ll add the rest.

For now enjoy. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thank you!

Really great map, just FYI though - Manchester Barton is the one included in the UK update next week not Manchester International - Barton is a small aerodrome just outside Manchester centre.

Amazing work on the map :slight_smile:

1 Like

Updated map to reflect this. Thank you so much!

1 Like