March 14, 2024 Development Update Blog Discussion

Update today checked the update info and seems to be a thank you. It made me think of Hitchikers guide ‘so long, and thanks for all the fish’
Prelude to MSFS2024 do you think?

1 Like

Check out the latest Development Update Blog here:

Please use this thread for feedback and discussion. Thank you!

4 Likes

I must say I think the dev livestreams recently have been a huge improvement on what had been happening before. With a very strong focus on answering user questions, and tackling a couple of perhaps thorny issues head-on and candidly, this is so much more encouraging than the marketing focused livestreams that came before. Please keep it up!

I understand that there are licensing issues that prevent republication of meteoblue data for a weather API, but I hope that Asobo can find a way to design a usable weather radar with altitude correctly accounted for, and a tilt function, without having to expose raw data they are not licensed to. Weather radar is so important to simulating airliners.

14 Likes

Totally agree, just watched the recording this evening and they have improved. I just wish every stream had a dedicated “Aerodynamics updates with Seb” section :heart_eyes:

I still feel there are too many minor quality-of-life issues that are not being addressed, which practically occur in every simulator session, but other than that I have a very good feeling about the team and the general direction of the simulator franchise.

8 Likes

You are so right that should be a full on regular segment with its own intro and little theme tune! Maybe Jayne can make it happen! :partying_face:

5 Likes

Please don’t tell me that the upcoming Dornier Do 31 is from AH.

It’s from inibuilds I believe.

1 Like

It is developed by Inibuilds.

1 Like

Very grateful the developers are willing to spend more time answering questions, and in more depth. Thank you.

4 Likes

And it was interesting that we now have confirmed that all default planes in FS2024 are going to be developed by third party developers. It was suspected that the Beluga was going to be IniBuilds, and I suspected that Aerosoft’s Twin Otter was removed from the marketplace because Microsoft bought the plane, but that seems to be more the case now. And its interesting that FlightFX’s Vision Jet is being worked on to be even higher fidelity than it is now…

5 Likes

Is France a region within Germany? :smiley:
Strasbourg = France

And there is a Strasbourg in Canada too, just not in Germany.

It’s from Bredok :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Is there any news about the Aerosoft Toolbar Pushback Pro for the marketplace?

Hopefully the FS2020 default planes will still be a part of FS2024? And how do they handle the Basic/Deluxe/Premium situation in that regard?

1 Like

I entirely agree with this feedback - I could immediately tell that the Devs and CMs had coordinated on providing detailed answers on many of the prepared questions, which was awesome. The honesty and clarity shared on the limitations and areas where more work is needed was also great to see. Looking forward to future Dev Q&As!

2 Likes

After 8 months are the P-51’s finally gonna fly again?! :open_mouth:

I hope that the Do 31 comes with a variant without the big nose spike. I prefer the way the aircraft looks without the spike.

1 Like

I saw that spike and Flash Gordon came to mind. I found it a bit troubling that Seb said he couldn’t find a single thunderstorm on the entire planet. Maybe he’ll now look deeper into that issue.

I like to bring awareness to the perspective that pre SU issues are maybe happening. Because just now a lot of issues are happening at payware addons. And I haven’t found that they have found the solution. There are a “what’s going on” atmosphere on the forums.
Well daily a lot is going on which can be the individual pc’s and different addons… But just now when soo many addon suddenly show similar behavior and others are seeing the same thing, then something general seems to happening.

It nicer to know what goes on. I think maybe things that don’t work in this intermediate condition, with a half update condition, will hopefully solve after the update.

1 Like

Hi guys:
I don´t know if this is the place to mention this and I don´t know if I´m the only one who has this problem, but after the last updates MSFS has become unflyable for me, the performance, at least in my case, is a pain, specially when taking off and landing, not so when I’m flying, when flying I get 50 or 60 fps, if I’m not flying over the U.S., cause when flying over the States the fps drop to 20, 22, 18 in some places. Well as I was saying, when taking off or landing I get 12, 11, I even got 6 fps today when landing in RJAA, after 11 hours flying from CYVR, where, by the way I got 11 fps when taking off. The same happens if for example I fly the Fenix A320, that beautiful airplane is unflyable for me, even though I have followed all the advice given concerning performance for tha plane. Could you please give me some advice?

1 Like