Mariposa-Yosemite Airport Direction Fail in Breckenridge to Mariposa-Yosemite Bush Trip

The last instruction for the Breckenridge to Mariposa-Yosemite bush trip instructs you to head west from the center of town, but It gives a direction of 159 degrees. I should have paid attention to the text. “159” appears to be a typo, and probably should be 259 instead. The airport is west of the center of town.

2 Likes

Finished the last leg today and the instructions ended part way through the POI after reaching El Portal. Something about the river forking and prepare to gain altitude and then nothing further in the log, though the map did show the rest of the route.

Cue 20 minutes of circling and head scratching. Got lost and eventually re-found the road by ref to the isomap and terrain. Figured out to follow it to town and the airport.

Not ideal, but on the other hand I think I really have earned my sim bush pilot wings after that adventure.

That was not my experience. I had all my instructions; they were just inaccurate for the last turn.

The icing was a surprise. My first attempt at that leg was unsuccessful because I was caught off guard by the icing and almost drove into the mountains. I was finally able to recover but by that time I was off course and was never able to recover.

i had the ice problem too but i just switched to the external camera so i could see. Is there any way to “de-ice” the windows on this plane?

BTW, I just found this download to use for the Bush trip - looks amazing

1 Like