Marketplace Airport Map Is Blank and Not Showing Anything

Will need to confirm but there may be something to do with community folder and scenery there. First time I checked FS SU8 marketplace map (and it worked then) my community folder was empty. Every time since then I’ve run FS with add on scenery/airports in there. Payware and freeware. Maybe there is some incompatibility with community folder airports with the new marketplace map.
Worth checking everyone. It would make perfect sense.

It’s definitely a community folder content issue. Empty it (rename it and create a blank folder) and the word map is back functioning again. I will try to figure out what is causing the conflict as I did try moving just airports out but the map was still not functioning. Emptied the community folder completely and marketplace map airports appear again. Did no one see this in beta?

1 Like

I’ve been debugging this a bit tonight. Findings so far-

1. It’s definitely the Community folder contents that causes the map to malfunction. An empty Community folder and the marketplace map works fine

2. Not all Community contents cause the map to stop working. eg Liveries appear to be fine.

3. By a process of elimination I’ve found that all 3rd party aircraft (freeware & payware) I have and some 3rd party freeware airports I have cause the marketplace map to fail. Some other recently bought 3rd party payware and quite a few freeware airports are fine though.

Not sure what this means, but maybe the devs can correlate this to something.

I tried to delete the only little airport scenery I have in my community folder and the Map stays empty.
The only further items in the community folder are AFC Bridge for Honeycomb Bravo lighting, the usual Navigraph things and the Volanta Program.
I don‘t think that these „official“ Addons should cause this issue.
After reloading I got a cryptic structure of only one airspace in the map which disappeared again after reloading.

I see nothing on the marketplace world map regardless of any filter selected. Any solution??

Screenshot may help?

Also check your content manager and make sure everything is updated in there.

I have the same issue with the Marketplace airports map. I’m not sure how a screenshot would help here. It’s just a map of the world that has no icons on it. However, I have since purchased two airport addons, and they are the only ones showing up on the map. Selecting “All” doesn’t show the other 300 or so I’ve already purchased, so I still can’t see the areas I don’t have addon airports.

In another post, people say they want to hide the marketing bloat on the World Map, due to the advertisement of available airports. I don’t see those icons on the World Map either.

I believe it’s a hard coded visual notification: “You’ve spent too much on this game already…relax”

2 Likes

Marketplace Airport Map - Worked the first time, but doesn’t show anything for the second - Bugs & Issues / Miscellaneous - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Also this one:

Marketplace: New map feature is not working - Bugs & Issues / Miscellaneous - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

I still see nothing on the marketplace world map having cleared the community folder, rebooted, and restarted the sim.

Which is very weird since I can turn its function on/off at will by doing the exact same thing. Same for very specific add ons too.
My Community folder is on the default path and I rename it to “Community-” then create a blank folder called “Community”.
I’ve also achieved the same by creating a sub directory called ‘HIDE’ inside the Community folder where you move add ons that you don’t want to be found. Both methods give same results.
You have to temporarily remove or move all softlink/shortcuts too eg. softlinks to custom install directories such as my aerosoft products are all softlinked elsewhere.
I can’t understand why it would be different for some. Maybe there is an official marketplace add on causing the same issue?
My official marketplace purchased add ons seem OK though, although I don’t have all of them enabled/installed.
I thought it might be SDK(when add on was last compiled) related, but some last updated 1 year ago freeware Airport is fine, but eg. one work in progress freeware Airport isn’t. The mystery is that all the aircraft in Community folder seem to trigger it to happen, I wasn’t expecting that.

Are you on Xbox, Steam or Microsoft Store version?

• Steam

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

• Dev Mode enabled

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

• Open Marketplace
  • Navigate to Airports section
  • Try any of the filters on the left
  • Try to click on any airport on the map

You will find that nothing happens. Besides the filters not working at all, clicking on an airport should lead you to its store page, which it doesn’t.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

All filters tested, with and without Dev mode on. Version 1.23.12.0
All working fine.
However, not on steam. Store version tested on pc.

Did you install updates from Content manager?
Did you restart MSFS after SU8 and again after Content Manager updates?
Rebooting pc is always a good idea too, after any install, update or uninstalls(for any program, app, etc) as this clears the ram and some temp files.

Did you install the Beta test SU8 and did you leave it per instructions [Beta] ?(Instructions for Beta Transition)

Mine is not working too. I did all the updates and restarted my PC. I’ve never participated to beta with this computer.

3 Likes

Thanks for your comment.

I didn’t participate in any Beta so far and I have installed all Content Manager Updates and restartet the sim. Still the same issue.
I also noticed that the start-a-flight world map has no day/night cycle anymore. Maybe it’s related.

Are you on Xbox, Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Steam, SU8

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
Nope, not now

Brief description of the issue:
I can not see all the products and creators when I initially launched MSFS after opening my pc. It fixes when I restart the MSFS but It shouldn’t happen for the first time. Also the map is not working at all.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Here you can see I only see 178 of the airports instead of +670 and you can see It only shows a small proportion of the creators.

Same with me…the feature is not working.

2 Likes

Same with me here. Marketplace Map feature does not show any airports no matter what I do in the filter section!!!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Marketplace not resizing / not use full screen

Good morning,

after the sim update 8 yesterday I have the same problem too, that the new marketplace map is always empty, even if I do specific searches. Showing the item list in the marketplace works, but the map ist useless. (PC version)

1 Like