Marketplace Buy & Download is placed but it's always cancelled

Hi

I tried to search before opening this topic, but since I didn’t find exactly this problem, I’m looking for your help!
I purchased MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition from the Microsoft Store through my account and paid via PayPal. For some time now, whenever I want to buy something on the FlightSim Marketplace, after clicking “Buy & Download” I get a message that I have a pending purchase and shortly after the purchase is cancelled. I am connected to both MSFS and the Microsoft Store with my account and my payment method, PayPal, is active. Why does this happen?
Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Best regards

1 Like

Hi there,

Welcome back to the forums! We ask that people not use General Discussion for help, and instead use one of the green Community Support subcategories. I have moved your post.

I don’t think anyone in the forums can help you with this. I think you should probably go to Zendesk and log a ticket there and explain your situation.

1 Like

Hi

Thank you very much for your support!

Best regards

1 Like

I found that if I run MSFS as admin then I get the same problem. For me simply starting the sim but not as admin fixes the problem.

2 Likes

Hello

Thank you very much for your reply! In fact I’m logged on with a Windows Admin account but I’m afraid some add ons must be runned with a Admin account… Should I create a different account with Admin permissions or I must use a normal user account?
Thank you very much for your support!

Best regards,

I run MSFS as a normal user on my system. If that works for some people, I’m glad because at least it works. But running as an admin should not be necessary.

This may not be directly related but I have the same scenario when purchasing content on my Xbox.

I’m using an Xbox Series X and I always get a purchase pending message followed by a purchase cancelled message unless I restart the SIM (close the app completely - no quick resume). Also, I note that the intermediate purchase screen (payment options and confirmation) does not appear when it fails, just a message.

I was going to post a bug report about this yesterday as it’s consistent and always happens - failure when purchasing after a quick resume, success on full restart.

Hello All

Thank you very much for your answers. When I got home I created a new user without Admin permissions on my PC. I have installed FSX Steam and MSFS but no add-ons find the simulators… probably is better to advise prior to installation that the simulators must be installed under a normal user!
In the past I was able to purchase from Marketplace with the Admin account… something has changed over the time.
Thank you very much for your support… it’s a bit odd to me that the Administrator, just another user of the computer, to be unable to perform an operation that a normal user can do!

Thank you once again!

Best regards,

I would have thought you could have simply started the sim normally (not as admin) completed the purchase then restarted the sim as admin again. If necessary you could have also renamed you community folder temporarily.

If you find the exe and click on properties/compatibiity make sure ‘run as adminstrator’ is left unchecked. Then send a shortcut of the exe to your desktop to use (if the old link doesn’t fix this).

Hi everyone

Problem solved! I reinstalled the computer (I took the opportunity to upgrade to Windows 11) and created a user, without admin permissions, to install FS and it’s add-ons(sometimes it asks for administrator access) and now everything is apparently working.
Thank you all very much for your support!

1 Like

Thanks for the tip.
New “temp” account without admin permissions and problem solved.

1 Like

I’m on Windows 11 with an admin account and don’t have this problem, non of my marketplace purchases have failed.

“default” or hidden admin?
How to enable the hidden administrator in windows 10 - Microsoft Community

default when I set up the pc. However when I install programs I do not install as admin

1 Like