Marketplace (Currently Unavailable)

I’m using MSFS on a PC having initially downloaded from MS-Store.

For a little while now - not sure how long - I’ve been getting “Marketplace (Currently Unavailable)” in the main menu. Everything else seems to be working fine.

Screenshot attached below. Any thoughts on the possible cause of the problem and a solution would be very gratefully received.

Have you had a look at this support article? This may help you.

Have you also checked the “online functionality“ on under General > Data?

10 Likes

Thank you.

3 Likes

Good that there is a fix for MS store and Xbox, how do I fix this when installed from Steam?
I have already emptied the community folder and verified all files via steam; no joy

I am on a PC, with MSFS installed via Steam.

I had this same symptom for the past few days. Was getting a lot of (paraphrasing) “connection to the servers failed”, and go offline. Then a couple seconds later, “connection restored”. Didn’t think much of it other than - annoying.

Next time I started MSFS, I was “permanently” offline in the state described in this thread. Both Top Gun: Maverick add-on and the Marketplace were greyed out / disabled.

Based on the help thread linked above, I did see that somehow the “ONLINE FUNCTIONALITY” setting had been switched to OFF. Changed it back to ON and I’m all back to normal.

Only thing I can come up with is with all the “you’re offline”, “you’re online” – it decided to just give up and turn off online functionality for me?? Ugh, but glad to be back!

Hi, good morning, could you help me? I have the same problem with Marketplace not being available, but I don’t know how to change online functinality to on. Thank you.

I am on a pc.

Options>General Options>Data>Online Functionality>On>Save Changes

For days I had been wondering why my pilot had turned into a stoner with a cold, why ATC had been populated by children, the opening screen was different and content manager unavailable…

Can’t believe this is (still) an issue.

1 Like