Marketplace Encrypted Files - Unlock or Remove Encryption including Premium and Deluxe Aircraft

Normaly a product is finished and doesn’t need any modification from end-users, no idea what can and can’t be encrypted by a devs preference. My guess is that it’s just a automated process to package for the marketplace.

@mixMugz That is a problem all 3rd party devs have atm, my guess is that it’s one of the reason’s we dont see Aerosofts CRJ until that is fixed.

TBH I did the same for your mods. :smiley: But i’m a curious type, not for stealing others work and use it without credit.

There is no problem. I telling about the feature projects with some knowhow.

Well, currently, we certainly are NOT in the time of “NORMALLY” :frowning:

Blockquote The models can be encrypted because there is no need to modify those.

Have you seen how ■■■■■■ the 787 and Longitude is? The longitude is literally a brick with Space Shuttle SRBs on the sides and a tiny control fin, and the 787 is so ■■■■■■, an A380 with just a singular GNS 430 in the cockpit and nothing else (not even any switches) works better than the 787. We cannot improve these ourselves because Asobo encrypted them.

3 Likes

Only used them a few times and didn’t like it. No idea why they even bothered making them premium in the state they are.

There is very little change the models will be decrypted so the best “we” could ask for was the .cfg files. I shouldn’t have said no need because somebody will always find something to tweak/change.

Many things are locked or packed in archives that could/should be free to edit (like the road overlay, street lights, the Taxi ribbon i’ve modded has some weird protection? That doesn’t work from the Community folder)) and for what?

The protected Install folder from the Windows Store version while the Steam version is open is another annoyance, and if you bought add-ons on Steam they dont work on the Windows Store version and vice versa, so much for a integrated marketplace…

Personaly I dont bother much anymore with editing stuff, because it’s a waste of time.

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

1 Like

I created a thread about the “Not Planned” items on the Feedback Snapshot, for the Developer Q&A. Please vote it up for a chance of a better explanation on this matter.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/not-planned-features-on-the-wishlist/350893

2 Likes

we have to keep this alive and continue to vote on it.

4 Likes

spread it over social media you belong to then maybe it will help but so few people belong to these forums here and finding this topic for me was next to impossible until i made my own and got it locked with a link.
787 is a brick there are groups willing and ready to fix it !!!
Allow them and you Asobo stick to your scenery you make it kinda a-ok… let the pros fix it what i paid almost double for

1 Like

It’s a real shame does files are locked and will prevent me from buying any new planes from Asobo until this is addressed.

1 Like

Why open them up?

Why don’t they just introduce a new ‘Mods’ folder under the community folder and any folder in there with the same name as the actual official aircraft folder then gets applied to that aircraft and overrides the default stuff. Everyone is happy.

That is how it works now, where the folder is located doesn’t matter much because everything is loaded in a virtual drive. You still need the unprotected files for this to work and be able to overwrite the layout.json without doing that in the core folder.

Asobo … why are you locking the CFG files ??? Really, that’s just “MEAN” and “UNNECESSARY”

Lock the Textures & Models by all means, ( That’s where your IP, and Dev cost are tied up) but leave the .cfg open, so the community can fix them … you don’t seem to be able or willing to do this fixing — which is fine…

Go make more EYE CANDY !!! – but at least allow those that can , and are willing, the ability to correct these cfg files, to help the planes fly better.

REALLY: Why are you locking the .cfg files ?? Makes no Logical or "Business" sense.

In reality, all you are doing is really UPSETTING your customers, and thereby encouraging some to break the encryption, and make it available to all. ( as was done with DVD copy protection).

OK, so lets face it:
– The .fsarchive encryption is already broken on the “Dark Web”… ,Its only a question of time and MOTIVATION, before it leaks into the public view.

Why not just remove the MOTIVATION ???

11 Likes

yes guys continue to vote on it and share it with others so they can vote on it as well and i think eventually they will unlock it.

2 Likes

You need to know what to override tho… without the information they developed its trial and error with a lot of unseen problems to create.

1 Like

Give us access to fix the bugs

2 Likes

I mean the files have been completely decrypted. But I can’t post them here :confused:

1 Like

the should keep it locked, as it will just create more issues just like with the fbw a320 every time there is a game update.

They (MS) should have locked more files at least until this summer if not later until things in general are a lot more screwed down and subject to less change.

1 Like

What a strange thing to say. Because of people/groups like FBW, lots of people (still) play this sim.

Asobo has no reason to hide their cfg’s from being edited, because they barely did the (and some very wrong calculations) minimum and should be happy people spend their time providing more accurate and more sim like cfg’s.

Besides that, you dont have to install mods. Also why do you care if it’s locked or not?

1 Like

there is nothing strange about it, just look how often when any post crops up with respect to the A320 what the first question is, and how many times its related to the wrong/old/other problem with the fbw 320.

it was to early for fbw to start messing with the 320 given the foundation its based on was STILL subject to change like many things underpinning MSFS.

its akin to building a house on sand that subject to shifting, rather than building it on much more solid ground.