Marketplace experience is worse than before for world update content

I just installed the WU8 Steam patch.
I removed my Community folder.
I booted for the first time.
I waited through the initial ~2Gb MSFS loading download for WU8.
I navigated to the Marketplace.
Pro: I can now go to Content Manager immediately (which is an improvement over a previous iteration where I had to do one extra navigation step)

Con: I expected to see Iberia World Update front and center but it was not easy to find; I had to navigate to World category and then scroll past my owned content and unwanted shared libraries to find the Iberia world update.

I click Buy And Download. The download starts.
Con: I haven’t managed to update WU1-7 packages.

I navigate to Content Manger.
I mouseover the two little square icons to try and understand them, no tooltips. I click them and figure out one is collections and one is individual packages. Sure, whatever, I leave it on packages.

The download for Iberia is in progress.
I have 8 things I need to update.
I tick “Update Available”.
I click “Select All”.

Previous iteration of MSFS let me queue their updates. Probably wrong, see comment

This version does not have any obvious way to update them:

From the “dimmed” out screen and looking at the bottom status, it’s downloading the WU from the marketplace. When that is done, the content manager will no longer be dim.

(the dimming is an artifact of steam taking a screenshot of an HDR application)

When the download completed, all items became unticked.
When I clicked Select All again, the download button appeared.
I assume this bit is not new behavior, and it’s just the first time I’ve tried to update while downloading.
Regardless of whether it’s new or old, it’s bad UX.

Its incredibly disjoined. I couldn’t see the WU8 at first either, so went to content manager and did the updates there first as they’re comparatively small. Then went back and hunted for WU8 and found that.
Plus side is that it all worked for me with no side effects so far, but the process is really clunky. I think i remember one of the WU you were able to select it as part of the download when you launched the updated sim for the first time. I suspect they changed this to make it a uniform and standard process so as there were one set of instructions, but its not pretty.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.