Marketplace failure, MS-support impossible

I never could purchace anything on Marketplace.
Support and advices on this forum did not help.
My region, country, time are all correct. I tried as administrator and as non-administrator with no results.
Marketplace did always recognize my account with the proper pincode.
My bank-account has been recognized too. When I chose that bank-account, I always recieve the message: failed, contact MS-support.
I changed my bank-account. Marketplace recognized the new account too.
Whatever I did the result was always: failure, contact MS-support.
Zendesk could not find a solution and adviced me to contact MS-support.
When I contact by telephone MS-support (in the Netherlands) I have to type a range of numbers for human advice. Those numbers circle around… and I always end in a desert of non-relevant advices.
Here are the screendumps:

Mod Edit: Blurred out email address for safety

Any suggestion??
Thx

1 Like

For some reason purchases like that cant handle normal bank accouns, my only solution is to open a paypal account and connect that to your bank account. For me this always works money will be taken off your paypal and a day later paypal will take it from your bank account.

2 Likes

Yeah big chance it’s blocked because you are not paying with ‘USA creditcard’. Companies are really hesitant with our beloved iDeal!

What you can do is open a PayPal account and link it to your bank account. That way it will work roughly the same as iDeal but it will work :joy:

Just don’t buy from the Marketplace. There are numerous threads enumerating all of the reasons why the Marketplace is bad (besides the fact that purchases and downloads often don’t work and support is virtually non-existent), so I’ll just call out the two biggest ones.

• Updates take days, weeks or even months to propagate to the marketplace after they have been released (and are available elsewhere).

• Some products available in the Marketplace are limited versions. That is, you don’t get the same product that you would have gotten had you bought it elsewhere; i.e. Milviz Corsair doesn’t have working weapons, Latin VFR AreaX won’t let you change liveries, etc.

4 Likes

Xbox User:

That makes for a miserable future for all the xbox users looking for a bit of bling!

Have you try to use a Microsoft Gift Card ?

Totally agree. There are too many issues with the MP.

Quite simply I don’t use it because there are convincing reasons to buy instead directly from third parties. Using different payment cards here is hardly the answer because even if a purchase is successful other issues remain e.g. no proof of product purchase, slow updates and new products take an age to get to the market.

I gave up long ago on Market Place purchases. I suspect that a lot of other people have also given up as well for similar reasons.

2 Likes

It´s so easy when an European bank account number cannot be recognized in America: Buy a 25€ Microsoft Store voucher in any shop and pay with it :wink:

As I said earlier just open a paypal account, connect it to your bank account and your set. Takes you 15 minutes to be up and running and never have to worry again.

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for all the advices!
Marketplace has a real problem of xenophobia.
I changed my preference of paying from the in Europe well known system of Ideal into the mondial system of PayPal.
SURPRISE: marketplace purchases are working.
Again thanks for all the support on this forum.

1 Like

I know your problem has been solved, but I’m leaving this piece of advice here for those experiencing the same problem (“purchase failed” message when trying to buy anything from the marketplace).

Follow the instructions provided in this link, and be sure to try them all.

What everybody suggested just wouldn’t work for me and I was losing hope, when I got to the bottom of that list and I re-enabled user account control on my system. That’s what did it for me.

Running reshade with the Steam version of the sim also causes the purchase to fail because the Steam overlay doesn’t work with reshade.

No one success story will fix all. I tried for months and failed to get anywhere. All across my XBox, MS Account and MS Store were the same login and I double checked. Days and days lost, countless hours. Today, I got a request for my comments on XBOX and I basically said too many links often result in a break ie having 3 programs to access one main one is more likely to lead to bad logins, failure to purchase, failed updates etc etc

Today I thus tried again and logged into all of my 3 logins (resulting from many computers I previously had). It seemed the one I am currently using is the only one that shows my purchase of the top MSFS20 package, the Premium. So then I logged out of XBox, logged out of the MS Store and logged out of my MS Account. Restarted the puter and logged back in to the exact same account.

My purchase of the Aviat Husky a-1C was accepted??? But I used the exact same login, I was gobsmacked when the box popped up for payment, after so many darned fails in the last few months. This may not work for others, it sure worked for me. Thanks for reading and good luck. Be methodical and doubt yourselves like I did folks. Sometimes it works out in the end.

I can’t access to FS2020 since an inrerrupted download - I was payd by my bank - of “Abou Dabi Airport”. I’ve purchsed 87 airports sucess full before that incident. Will I loss them if I uninstall FS2020 from my Gamer, a HP OMEN 17-cb1005nf ?
When launching FS2020 on that computer, I get a message asking for “Update into Market Place”. But that makes mi tourn around ! Thanks for help ! antoine.naegel@free.fr

The problem is now fixed, after uninstalling and reinstalling. It needed around 12 hours downloading and reinstalling to get FS2020 working again ! I’m happy again !
Thanks to a young french geek who helped me …

Hello community, I tried to purchase & download a MSFS addon (JU52), the message returned was “purchase failed”. I then contacted the MS store support, they came back with an unsatisfying answer that purchasing from the store with my account is blocked due to activities that do not comply with MS regulations, however, I am able to access the store. I have tried to contact the store support over and over again, but do not get an answer what went wrong nor how to fix it. I just wanted to purchase a low cost item. Does anybody experienced similar problems? Any help on this is greatly appreciated. I have never purchased anything from the store so far. I am using PayPal for this purchase. I also cannot buy a gift card or voucher. Is there an alternative to buy this addon somewhwere else?

I seem to have the same problem. I have bough \t many items from the store before but now I can’t because a $6 item is caught in the process. Keeps sending me ‘purchase pending’ and ‘purchase failed’ notices over and over. No idea of even how to contact support.

This is a starting point but basically you have to sign-in, submit a request, include a screenshot of the credit card charge, screen shot of confirmed purchase (you receive via e-mail). After dozens of successful purchases this happened a few weeks ago to me but after submitting a request they resolved it in less than 24 hours. I’m on xbox but same process probably applies to all. There are many posts about this in the forums (and even a recent video from you tuber huddison who encountered the same thing). It’s a pain when it happens but in most cases they can only fix it through a zendesk request.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.