Marketplace Navigation is Not User Friendly

There needs to be an easier way to sort through sceneries in the Marketplace. Airports that were released months ago quickly get buried, never to be seen again unless there is a sale. We need the ability to sort scenery products by continent, country, and perhaps even states for the US. A certain popular XPlane developer is unsure if he will continue developing for MSFS because his sales aren’t where he wants them to be in MSFS compared to XP. Most of his products are buried in the Marketplace. It’s no wonder why he’s not getting as many sales. I feel like this is a major crutch to many developers. It is also a pain for us end users.

3 Likes

I believe it’s possible to search for a particular scenery manually, isn’t it?

True, but if you don’t know what scenery you’re looking for, you’re SOL.

If you yourself don’t know what scenery you are looking for, I don’t think any interface changes are going to help you.

If you knew it was in a particular country perhaps, or region, that might assist, if that was a searchable field.

One roundabout way to find out what has been updated is to look in the announcements group. New, and updated products are listed there. You might not know which region of the world they are from, but you would know what, and when.

I would expect over time they will continue to restructure the marketplace as efficiently as possible. There is also debate regarding having a independent marketplace link so you do not have to be in game to view it.

1 Like

If we are talking in terms of UI improvements, I wouldn’t hold much hope for that. On the live traffic view on the map screen, Departures, and Arrivals are still the wrong way around. You would think that’s a two minute fix.

As of today there are 520 different products on the marketplace. I don’t know how good your memory is, but I can’t remember what they are to just type one in and find it…. And I don’t necessarily feel like scrolling through 520 & counting products, either. Sometimes, my favorite sceneries are found by just randomly finding a new posting on here or on simmarket. I would’ve never thought to search for Bonaire, but found it randomly and it is now one of my favorites.

If I were searching for one I would search by ICAO.

They should make it possible to search for airports by continents, but the whole UI is poorly done, there should be drop down lists for things that are used often, such as the choice of aircraft and controller configurations.

2 Likes

Hi there,
If you search by tag:marketplace in Wishlist, you’ll see all Marketplace Wishlist items. (I’ve gone through and made sure they all have a tag.)

Including these, that might be relevant to what you’re talking about, including:

1 Like

Thank you for the tags. Just voted for them

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.