Marketplace products not working

Hi I have 2 products bought through the Marketplace that will not work with the sim (Orbx London and Okavango Delta. I bought London a long time ago and it was fine until the last update. Orbx report they have sent a fix to Microsoft but I see no update available.

Okavango I bought last night beveling it would work

My logic was
It is in the current marketplace for this sim
Why would a vendor sell me a product for their sim that will not work with there sim?

I have since found out there may be a issue with Okavango Delta, so I have requested a refund (however I don’t know if Microsoft will give a refund)

As a pensioner on a fixed income I find it disappointing that a company would continue to sell a product developed by a third party that no longer work’s with their sim.

Thoughts?

Best wishes
Bob

7 Likes

Like so many others, I think SU5 broke Okavango Delta. I don’t know whether the fix is waiting on the developer or Marketplace. It will probably work eventually. I am personally disappointed that Marketplace won’t hire enough people to make developer updates available in a timely manner and won’t use Marketplace again until there’s evidence that they have. A quick look at the forum would have saved you the expense. You may want to check with the developer to see whether a fix has been sent.

1 Like

Hi
Thanks for the reply.
In my mind Microsoft should at least remove any product from the marketplace if it is found not to be working after a sim update. That way I would not have wasted my money.

Do you think I have a chance with my request for a refund?
Personalty, I don’t think my chances are high.

5 Likes

Hi guys, there are some marketplace related questions in #community:dev-q-a-ask-questions-here, I encourage you to go and vote for them. - I’m hoping to force Jorg to say something on the record.

@swampdragon111 - You are right, the speed at which the Microsoft marketplce works is pretty tragic, especially when I can push an update to a Google Play app and have it live in < 24 hours.

4 Likes

Hi Bob.

I completely agree.

People will say you should have ‘done your research’ and so on, however neither you or anyone else is accountable for Microsoft/asobos inability to publish updates for products in a realistic & fair timeframe.

It will be fixed, im sure of that, so if you are good for the cash I would recommend waiting it out - I imagine the hassle of contacting support etc may not be worth your time pal.

The forum is overall very negative, so may I add I love the sim and have very few complaints however it is just a fact that the marketplace at the moment is a farce.

Regards

4 Likes

So people are right, you should do your research. However, doing your research should be an extra layer of defence, not the sole layer.

Microsoft by law should not be selling faulty products to those of us in countries with consumer protection laws. If you did buy a product that was faulty, they should refund it, if for no other reason than it is the moral thing to do.

While the people in charge of this project don’t care about being moral, they should care about scaring driving customers away from the marketplace, after all they only get their cut when people buy through the marketplace and not other stores.

But it seems that isn’t providing enough inspiration to the managers at Microsoft, so for now here is a few ground rules to keep yourself safe:

• Find independent reviews (you shouldn’t have too, but you can’t trust MS to do the right thing)

• Don’t buy products after a sim update or world update until you see they’ve been updated. When updates are release they are posted in #community:news-and-announcements

• Consider buying from a first-party or external third-party store - it pains me to recommend this for so many reasons, but at least the updates can flow quickly

4 Likes

I don’t think many would defend a product that simply doesn’t function, what Bob is describing is a product sold that simply isn’t fit for purpose at this time. He is fully in his rights for a refund from Microsoft as the digital retailer of the product.

Edit: in saying that I think rights are different for digital products and there may be some unreasonable grey area on refund policies and consumer rights.

2 Likes

It also depends on the country you the consumer live in.

Hi all
Thanks for your replies and suggestions.
Re doing research.
I did view reviews of the product, some as recent as last week for Okavango Delta, however none mentioned don’t bye from the market place. I now know it is available for Orbx and the developer (I think) However I thought getting it from the marketplace was more convenient. I will not do this in the future.
Re voting for a previous thread.
I will do this if I can figure out how to.
Re the law in my country
I live in New Zealand which has solid costumer protection laws.
Re am I good for the cash so hold on until the product works.
I guess I have no other options. So I will probably do just that.
Re being negative
I completely agree with the comments I also love the sim, I feel its a great product and totally enjoyable My complaints are with what I would consider Quality Assurance of the Marketplace. and hopefully someone for Microsoft will listen and consider removing a product form the marketplace if, after a base sim is updated it is no longer compatible. Then only making it available again after it is again compatible. That way I would not have wasted my money as I would have only been able to get the product from the developer.
Thanks again for the suggestions and thoughts
Best wishes
Bob

1 Like

Find the topics that you’re looking to vote for, in this case these two here:

Open the topic, and click the blue ‘Vote’ button near the top of the page.

While “reviews” can provide interesting information, they have a few limitations:

1. Information presented can only be based on information at the time of review
 i.e., if the review was published before SU5, then the reviewer can’t give any warning about issues related to SU5.

2. Some reviewers are fantastic, others not so much, you have to use your judgment here. When considering a topic, look for forum posts here (#third-party-addon-discussion & #community:marketplace), and on other forums.

It has been a long time since I’ve read up on the Consumer Guarantees Act, I’m not sure how much coverage it gives to software DLC. If it provides as much coverage as I think it does, you could quote that in your refund request. - Even consider indicating you still wish to buy the addon, but from a marketplace where it is being updated regularly.

You could also consider filing a complaint with the Commerce Commission, but my cynical side suggests they won’t do much as Microsoft is a major overseas corporation, and MSFS marketplace issues are a comparatively small fish to fry. - If nothing else they might be able to give you some information.

Hope you are keeping well, and that you aren’t living in Auckland. Keep safe :slight_smile:

I had the same problem with the Carenado Piper PA44 Seminole, it shows up in marketplace but wouldn’t download (just went into loop). I contacted Asobo regarding this & their response was basically what I’d already tried through net based info.
In the end I did a complete re-install of the sim which fixed the issue.
After I did this however my community folder has now moved to C: drive msfs2020 app data folder rather than the D: installation where it always was previously. This one had me going for quite a while.
What I think may have happened is that I initially had the sim on xboxPC as a trial rental. Later buying the sim as a digital ownership. After SU5 I think MSFS was getting mixed data from double install info even though it was showing as only the one install.
Needless to say that it’s now all working fine again & Asobo was no help.
Thankfully the community is clever and is usually all over these fixes.

If you want things to work don’t buy from marketplace. Lesson learned i guess.

1 Like

The Marketplace has been selling broken goods for a while now. The Carenado Seminole has not been working correctly for about a month. Why not take broken products out of the Marketplace until they have been fixed ?

1 Like

Hi
I completely agree with you. I have two products from the marketplace which I would still like to use, London and Okavango Delta. London is still not fixed (Orbx advise a fix has been sent to Microsoft, however, it is still not available in the marketplace) For Okavango Delta the developers kindly sent me a fix so I can use this. However I simply can not understand why a fix is still not available from the marketplace. This is the company who have my money and surly have a commitment to supply a working product.
I have to say I would be EXTREMELY RELUCTANT to purchase from the market place in the future, or advise others to bye from the marketplace

3 Likes

Anyone coming new to this thread - Please vote on these two topics below to force MS/Asobo to discuss and acknowledge the Marketplace messes.

I too am sitting on a bunch of dud purchases from the marketplace. It’s egregious.

I can’t purchase anything on Xbox platform I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled flight sim, changed payment methods basically done everything I’ve found to do but still getting the Buy and Download button greyed out been like it over a month now and getting frustrated with it all

I too have purchased 3 city packs from marketplace Syd, Dubai,and Singapore. Since the last update they no longer work. not happy!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.